Unusual occurence at Holne Bridge

Inland paddling
buck197

Unusual occurence at Holne Bridge

Post by buck197 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:28 pm

When we driving back from Newbridge this afternoon towards Holne Bridge there was a 4x4/Jeep type car in the layby and the guy in the car took a photo of our car (three boats on the roof) as we turned onto Holne Bridge. I should have stopped and asked what he was doing but I was cold and homeward bound, anyone else notice this happening recently or am I paranoid?
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

Username

Post by Username » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:17 pm

Not entirely related, but driving down the m40 once with my boat on my roof, I was overtaken by some youths in a very chavved up car, who appeared to be filming me with a little video camera thing out their window... they then moved into slow lane, let me overtake, repeated manouver... then drove off, but a couple of miles later they'd pulled over onto the hard shoulder, and as I drove past, they held the camera up and appeared to be filming me driving past again... As soon as I went past, they got back in the car and shot past me, before disappearing, never to be seen again. A little odd...
(I took their number plate, and made sure they didn't follow me home)

My boat is beautiful, but I did feel stopping on the hard shoulder to film it was a little excessive.

cat

Bhoyo

Post by Bhoyo » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:32 am

[quote="Username"]Not entirely related, but driving down the m40 once with my boat on my roof, I was overtaken by some youths in a very chavved up car,

They could of thought your boat was the latest Halfords shop window bolt on!

licklemarkie

Post by licklemarkie » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:15 pm

I used to work at a garage in derby, and people used to walk round surreptitiously and take photos of the wrecked cars awaiting stripping that were parked outside, so someone taking photos of your car is probably a compliment, mind you there is probably some blue rinsed old dear telling her offspring that you would never see her dead in something that looked like a giant plastic arabian slipper.
nowt so queer as folk

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”