Female paddlers?

Inland paddling
timy

Female paddlers?

Post by timy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:45 pm

Me and my friend john had an argument last night about this subject. He recons there are no good looking female paddlers. Pete says there always one of these, Old, man looking, or just plane borring. I assured him that somwhere out there, there are nice whitewater girls. Please prove him wrong. If you have any pic of you or any one you know who would fit the bill please email a photo of yourself to timyswimy@yahoo.co.uk Cheers tim.

Danny_Y

Post by Danny_Y » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:53 pm

I expect that this thread wont last long, but it's quite funny. There's a beautiful young brunette paddler at Soton Uni with long wavey hair. Goes by the name of Chris(tine) Vian.

Good luck with the lonely hearts add.

Danny

steddyjames

Re: Female paddlers?

Post by steddyjames » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:53 pm

timy wrote:Me and my friend john had an argument last night about this subject. He recons there are no good looking female paddlers. Pete says there always one of these, Old, man looking, or just plane borring. I assured him that somwhere out there, there are nice whitewater girls. Please prove him wrong. If you have any pic of you or any one you know who would fit the bill please email a photo of yourself to timyswimy@yahoo.co.uk Cheers tim.

What?.......Females.......paddling.....they'll want to vote and go out to work next!!

My missus paddles, but I aint sending you any photos of her for two reasons:

1- I think you might have just insulted her!!

2- You aint getting any photos of my missus!!

Steve

JamesA

Post by JamesA » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:58 pm

Most. Politically. Incorrect. Thread. Ever.

And you're trying to use it as a chat up line too!

I'm going to email pictures of my horses to you.. that's all you deserve!

Sarcasm? pah! Who needs it?
James.

esther

Post by esther » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:01 pm

can we see what you and your mate look like first before sending the pictures!!!! will make decision on what you look like

Tim S

old internet trick....

Post by Tim S » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:04 pm

...my guess is there is no such person as 'John' or indeed 'Pete' and you are indeed sullying the good name of Tim in your quest for dirty pics!

Beware the 'Power Of Tim Collective (TM)' will be on your case!

Tim S

NB: The P.O.T Collective features Tim Rowland, Tim Trew and My good self...together we have an effect much like crossing the beams in ghostbusters!

Liam Kirkham

Post by Liam Kirkham » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:11 pm

steddyjames wrote:

What?.......Females.......paddling.....they'll want to vote and go out to work next!!

My missus paddles, but I aint sending you any photos of her for two reasons:

1- I think you might have just insulted her!!
2- You aint getting any photos of my missus!!

Steve
Chuckle.

I don't think this topic will be deleted but it won't have too much respect.

I once believed this theory, but its not true! I saw a extremely good looking girl on the Swale once and there was a few at the AJ weekend.

Though in my opinion the male paddling community all look pretty warped.

Another two examples are Nikki Kelly and Laura Nash both good looking pro paddlers.

esther

Post by esther » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:18 pm

timy wrote: Pete says there always one of these, Old, man looking, or just plane borring.
or just the ones that will talk to you exciting chaps!

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Just out of interest how many females are on this forum

esther

Post by esther » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:18 pm

female!

Liam Kirkham

Post by Liam Kirkham » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:20 pm

I get the feeling Esther might punch you if she ever sees you.

buck197

Post by buck197 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:22 pm

Not being an expert but how many budding James Bond's/Tom Cruises are paddlers?
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

esther

Post by esther » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:25 pm

Liam Kirkham wrote:I get the feeling Esther might punch you if she ever sees you.
haha, wouldn't dream of it!

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 pm

Who was that aimed at,Probably everyone who has posted on this tred. I can a I can think of so many sexist jokes but me and my paddling partner are looking for some female paddlers so ill hold back.

So esther is one any others

esther

Post by esther » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:31 pm

barrittcake wrote:

Who was that aimed at,Probably everyone who has posted on this tred. I can a I can think of so many sexist jokes but me and my paddling partner are looking for some female paddlers so ill hold back.
will the non female padller types not have you?

Mark R

Social Inadequate

Post by Mark R » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:35 pm

I considered removing this on account of sheer patheticality, but my interest was piqued.

Timy - are you and your mate older than 13? Have either of you ever, you know, 'been out' with a real girl? Or at least talked to one? Or maybe just passed one a note across the classroom?

I refuse to belive that the answer to any of these questions is 'yes'.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

steddyjames

Post by steddyjames » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:37 pm

buck197 wrote:Not being an expert but how many budding James Bond's/Tom Cruises are paddlers?
Me me me me me,
Last edited by steddyjames on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:38 pm

esther Na we’ve got to many Fancy a change especially for the long journeys to more than oneman and a van is no a good combination
Last edited by Andy123 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liam Kirkham

Post by Liam Kirkham » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:41 pm

Found a photo of Timy..

NPearce

Post by NPearce » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:44 pm

timy wrote:Me and my friend john had an argument last night about this subject. He recons there are no good looking female paddlers. Pete says there always one of these, Old, man looking, or just plane borring. I assured him that somwhere out there, there are nice whitewater girls. Please prove him wrong. If you have any pic of you or any one you know who would fit the bill please email a photo of yourself to timyswimy@yahoo.co.uk Cheers tim.

Makes me laugh, thought I might have a go myself...

I assured my mates there are fit, naked, female paddlers out there but they dont believe me. If you fit the bill then please email your pic to iamaperv@nudepaddlers.com

Nathan

(I just hope that nudepaddlers.com doesnt exist and am too chicken to check at work)

Dave T

Post by Dave T » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:01 pm

Comedy post boys! Many replies? Maybe you should start a lonely paddlers site for lonely damp people in neoprene. Be sure to reply when you have finshed your homework.

Dave

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:10 pm

Timy, your mate says that all women who paddle are old, man looking or plain boring.

He may be right but perhaps, the same could be said about all men that paddle !!

PS - Yes I'm female !

AliceB

Post by AliceB » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:20 pm

At first take us girly boaters could quite easily take offence but having since read the thread (having taken much time over some to get my head around some very poor grammar and spelling) find it quite laughable!

To echo Marks question, are you or your friend over 13?

Am I only one that is confused as to why looks has any relevance to a forum discussing relevant boating topics and events? Maybe you could explain why it is that you think you are justified in your request for photo's to be posted to your personal e-mail...or are you setting up an alternative forum: www.onlyfitgirlsinboatscanpost.co.uk
Pete says there always one of these, Old, man looking, or just plane borring.
Pete may want to lay low around any female boaters, especially if they do indeed look as he described...he may find that they have a mean left hook to go with it!

JamesA

Post by JamesA » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:25 pm

Staying kind of on-topic and relating to paddling...

There is a valid point about the kind of person a paddler is (especially the whitewater type). Stereotypes can be drawn (not just in terms of looks), however, I'm not going make any comments ;)
James.

pwilkinson

Post by pwilkinson » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:14 pm

buck197 wrote:Not being an expert but how many budding James Bond's/Tom Cruises are paddlers?
Not wanting to blow my own trumpet, but I think I qualify as a budding Tom Cruise...

And yes, there are plenty of hot girls that paddle.

ol

Post by ol » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:21 pm

Marianne Saether(sp) returned my smile when at the Teva extreme in Val sesia. I swooned so I did......she a very pretty lady.

Oh yeah.... um, I can't believe how immature this is.....

Ade P

Post by Ade P » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:30 pm

barrittcake wrote:esther Na we’ve got to many Fancy a change especially for the long journeys to more than oneman and a van is no a good combination
And what is wrong with me and my van, mind you i could do with something better than barrittcake to look at when i am turning corners or just talking paddling as we do lol.
Ade P

Woogley

Where's the fit guys then?!

Post by Woogley » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Don't know if I'm allowed to turn this post around and maybe cause offence to you guys but............. Last year I was stood in a group of female paddlers at a big uni event eyeing up the boating lads and our comment came to 'why aren't there many fit male paddlers about?!' May be you boating guys all become drop dead gorgious after you leave uni because certainly in our club at the moment there aren't many fine specimens! Sorry!

steddyjames

Re: Where's the fit guys then?!

Post by steddyjames » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:40 pm

Woogley wrote:May be you boating guys all become drop dead gorgious after you leave uni
Why thanks, I think you just complemented all of us blokes who have left uni.

Tom_Laws

Post by Tom_Laws » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:44 pm

Rick's Freestyle Minds, you've been very quiet on the subject....

Mendipmammoth is actually an ancient saxon girl's name, meaning mammoth from the mendips. This is what I look like in real life....

Enjoy that one timy + friends...

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”