Downtime

Post by Mark R » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:05 pm

Apologies for the 24 hours of downtime.

Explanation here.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

Chas C

Post by Chas C » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:16 pm

Mark, this site is great, the work you and the support team of people do to keep it running is fantastic, don't let the few drag you down - remember that there are many many more who appreciate all the efforts you all make to keep it going.

Patrick Clissold

Post by Patrick Clissold » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:19 pm

Here here.

slim

Post by slim » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:52 pm

I couldn't agree more

madocks

Post by madocks » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Totally agree

meatballs

Post by meatballs » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:14 pm

Disagree a bit with the whole it's disrespectful to enquire about an incident too close too the time...

But totally agree that it's your time and effort, and you really shouldn't have to suffer personal attacks for upholding your standards and trying to maintain a decent website!
Ben

Mark R

Post by Mark R » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:19 pm

meatballs wrote:Disagree a bit with the whole it's disrespectful to enquire about an incident too close too the time...
That's not quite the situation as happened here. There was a request for people to hold back, with the promise of solid info when ready. This request was ignored/ disparaged.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

cswalker

Post by cswalker » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:37 pm

Why do people need to speculate and enquire on this one? If you read fully the 3 BBC articles and the MCA and RNLI report you would see it was all innocent and nothing really to discuss, a straight forward incident that was dealt with very well by the group and with a little assistance from Treaddur & Holyhead ILB, ALB', the MCA and 22 Squadron Valley. A credit to the group.

Why not leave it at that and if those involved decide to post information, great, if not so be it.

Do you as a motorist demand from the Police information on an RTA that you drove past? No.

Why is this different?

meatballs

Post by meatballs » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:49 pm

Its human nature (well mine anyway) to be inquisitive about subjects that interest me. Just as everyone slows down and watches crashes on the other side of the motorway they DO want to ask the police officer what happened, they just cant. Here they have that opportunity, so it doesn't really suprise me.
Ben

cswalker

Post by cswalker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:00 am

MarkR wrote:There was a request for people to hold back, with the promise of solid info when ready. This request was ignored/ disparaged.
meatballs wrote:Here they have that opportunity
Obviously!

DaveWortley

Post by DaveWortley » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 am

Chas C wrote:Mark, this site is great, the work you and the support team of people do to keep it running is fantastic, don't let the few drag you down - remember that there are many many more who appreciate all the efforts you all make to keep it going.
Let's all buy a UKRGB t-shirt in appreciation...

Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:56 am

cswalker wrote:Do you as a motorist demand from the Police information on an RTA that you drove past? No.

Why is this different?
Because more of us think we might have something to learn from any paddling incident than are prepared to admit we could be better drivers!

Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

quicky

Good Call

Post by quicky » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:46 am

Excellent call Mark. Personal attacks are definately NOT on especially with such a sensible request.

If some people wanted information as mentioned above just look at the BBC or RNLI websites. Don't slag off you and the team for making a sensible request.

Mr Hoppy

Post by Mr Hoppy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:48 am

The down time must have increased my productivity 10 fold. Oh well back to slacking.

David McCraw

Post by David McCraw » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:55 am

cswalker wrote:Do you as a motorist demand from the Police information on an RTA that you drove past? No.

Why is this different?
Here here. I believe nobody should ever take an interest in any kind of paddling incident; that way, we can all learn every lesson personally.

As for shutting down the forum - Mark pays for it, Mark makes the decisions. This one sounds like a good call.

Mark R

Post by Mark R » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:58 am

David McCraw wrote:Here here. I believe nobody should ever take an interest in any kind of paddling incident; that way, we can all learn every lesson personally.
One of these days, you'll spot the opportunity for a sarcastic remark and just let it pass.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

David McCraw

Post by David McCraw » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:16 am

One day, perhaps.

Seriously though, it's obvious that the community as a whole does benefit from discussing incidents (however distasteful people still seem to find the fact that it's "on the internet" - ooh er!)

Either people speculate, or they are informed, I can see both sides of the argument - although in this case, who cares? It doesn't seem like there is anything to learn, since nothing apparently went that wrong!

husky

Respect

Post by husky » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:20 am

As a newcomer to the forum I hope this message comes without prejudice and preconceived judgment of those upon it as I have no allegiance to a group or people.
I have found the info on the guide to be invaluable and probably saved my life.
Would like to thank the hard work that all at the UKRGB you have my full support and respect.
On the forum some of the posts are totally fueled by ego,testosterone and one-upmanship.
You mock people, would you do this face to face with some one you do not know,I think not!
It is not your personal forum and you should welcome newcomers and stop your petty sniping.

SHOW SOME RESPECT.
By the actions of a few the site was shut down this shows the lack of respect to the editor and personal attacks are unacceptable .
SHAME ON YOU.
Information that is usually disseminated though lots of sources has mistruths and misinformation,you would be wise waiting for the full story and if lessons are to be learned lets get it right e.g. (Anglesey)

I hope their are no spelling mistakes as I am a registered dyslexic and even with the aid of spell check I sill make mistakes ( it must be great to be perfect) would you mock some one in a wheelchair because they cannot walk.
SHOW SOME RESPECT

Tom_Laws

Post by Tom_Laws » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:24 am

Mr Hoppy wrote:The down time must have increased my productivity 10 fold. Oh well back to slacking.
Ditto.

buck197

Post by buck197 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:26 pm

I guess these sort of people will eventually convince you that all of your valiant effort will not be worth the hassle. A better side of me hopes they will learn the error of their ways, I'm not holding my breath.

Many thanks Mark, ignore them and think of the hundreds nae thousands who enjoy and abide by the rules.
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”