Whats happened to the Dagger Plastic??

Inland paddling
kayak1

Whats happened to the Dagger Plastic??

Post by kayak1 »

Just got myself a new Dagger Nova, fantastic boat, really comfortable too!...however the plastic in it is awful!..very soft and flexible, budget feel to the shell overall..Dagger say mine is top grade inspected?..even after showing them the flexing front and side rim, boat sides are the worse as they flex deeply with just a press of you thumb, indents so easily on very low impact..I wouldn't use it down river, as it will get chewed up so easily..and the Dagger name on it is misshaped in one place and very sticky to touch..I'm so disappointed after having so many Daggers before with much stronger plastic and paying the price of todays new boats?..such inferior plastic to my previous boat being an Ozone..... No more Dagger boats for me ..
Franky

Re: Whats happened to the Dagger Plastic??

Post by Franky »

Simple answer: the prices of parts, manufacture and transportation (of everything, not just kayaks) are skyrocking, and everybody's cutting costs.

If crap £1600 kayaks are the only thing available, it's "Take it or leave it."

On the plus side, it will bring the prices of second-hand Daggers up. I'll accept £1000 for my 2014 Mamba :P (Just kidding... but I'm open to offers.)
kayak1

Post by kayak1 »

I had a good price for my Ozone, cant complain! which basically funded the Nova, But if Pyranha bring out a full slice i'll have that instead?..and I'll be selling the Nova! as Dagger has the only Crap plastic out there, in my opinion! and I think they know it!
loz123

Post by loz123 »

Take out good boat insurance in case it splits, all boat plastic appears shit at the moment

cheers

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”