Paddle Spigots and Lever Lock joint

Inland paddling
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: The mountains of Norfolk

Paddle Spigots and Lever Lock joint

Post by boosh »


Does anyone know where you can buy the type of paddle spigots and lever lock paddle joints found on VE / Lettman / Galasport paddles?
I have a old set of carbon VEs that are going to become my ditch blashing blades but have been slowly increasing the feature I use so 30 degrees feels weird now.
Keen on converting them to 2 piece splits.

Cheers for any info anyone has.

User avatar
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:09 pm
Location: Worcestershire
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Paddle Spigots and Lever Lock joint

Post by GaryM »

I got a lever lock from Mitchell Paddles to replace the press lock on some Lendal splits, as they only had 90 degree option. Can now do any angle RH or LH, so job done.
Give them a ring, or drop an email, them may be able to help you out.
Tried level lock from Celtic Paddles, but now slightly slimmer shaft to the old Lendal ones and didn't fancy sanding down shaft, so got this in a drawer gathering dust.
Can sort out some pics if you are interested.
Gary Mascall

Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:22 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Paddle Spigots and Lever Lock joint

Post by charleston14 »

User avatar
Mark Mulrain
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:27 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Paddle Spigots and Lever Lock joint

Post by Mark Mulrain »

You can buy the Galasport one from the Galasport site and their UK reseller Canoe-Tec. They call it the USA Joint.

It won't fit every paddle. You'll need the same inner and outer paddle shaft diameter as the connector. The Galasport website seems to be hacked and the Canoe-Tec site is awful. I'd just email the Canoe-Tec people with the contact form on their website.

Post Reply

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”