Pyranha Outfitting Issues

Inland paddling
Conor_Matt

Pyranha Outfitting Issues

Post by Conor_Matt »

I just picked up my new Ozone the other day and when outfitting it I noticed that the top-most screw that holds in the thigh brace sticks into and hurts my knee. I have attached a photo of the offending screw and am wondering if anyone else has had the same issue as me and if so, how did you fix it?
I have made a piece of foam with a hole in it to protect my knee from it and have ordered some impact cement to glue it in however, i'm not too sure how well this will hold.

GaryM

Re: Pyranha Outfitting Issues

Post by GaryM »

Just a thought, but you really don't move that fitting once you have the boat set up to fit you, so think about this.
Why not put this bolt in "upside down" with the nut on the outside. If bolt sticks up, buy a shorter one and stainless steel locking nut, or even a domed nut to fit.
Then any padding won't need a hole cut in it as the head of the bolt should be pretty flush to the underside of deck.
I had a similar issue with the fittings on a Soul Gonzo, and doing this solved it.
Gary Mascall

Conor_Matt

Re: Pyranha Outfitting Issues

Post by Conor_Matt »

Thanks so much, this is what I have done for now. I also made a post on the Pyranha Facebook group and they suggested this as well. Pyranha have actually offered to send me some plates from their connect outfitting which will keep it as flush as the washer they use beneath the screw.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”