Pucon Advice

Inland paddling
MrFatC

Pucon Advice

Post by MrFatC » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:41 am

Hey all,

Im going to brazil in early jan and im looking to add a 10 day trip white water paddling trip in pucon, chile, in mid to late jan 20/20. Ill be travelling solo so id like to link up with one of the schools/tour groups that operate in tje area. I found the following, but was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or comments about them or any others. Appreciate the feedback.

Pucon kayak hostel - https://puconkayakhostel.com
Kayak chile - kayakchile.net

Cheers

Ben

Myles

Re: Pucon Advice

Post by Myles » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:57 pm

You might get more response from posting in the General forum as not sure many people check this one.
I went to Chile in 2015 with Pucon Kayak Hostel. I turned up on my own and joined a 2 week trip which went to the Rio Claro and then back to Pucon. Was an amazing few weeks. We had a great group with mainly people who had joined individually although a few people knew each other.
The kayak hostel base in Pucon is great, although a short bus in to town, it's right by the river.
I'd say the email response can be a bit slow sometimes but I'd definitely recommend them. You can hire all the gear there if needed and they replace their boats each season so you get new kit.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”