August's heavy rain

Inland paddling
jmmoxon

August's heavy rain

Post by jmmoxon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 pm

A swathe of the country from North Wales & North of England, right up to the Great Glen & North of Ireland has already seen more than average for the month...

Anyone get some runs in? (I've been in Austria & Switzerland)

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

banzer

Re: August's heavy rain

Post by banzer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:07 pm

A cheeky torridon weekend for me. One run that's in the guidebook (Cuileag) and three sections that aren't. Good explorey fun!
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

Jim

Re: August's heavy rain

Post by Jim » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:03 am

Cuileag is a bit North (or is it East, probably both) of Torridon!

I've been busy with slaloms the last few weeks, Tay at nice medium winter levels made the div 2 last weekend a good challenge, still a decent level for div 1 this weekend. Have also been out in my WWR on the Tay and Teith, the latter was just level with the car park the other day which makes it a nice bouncy ride, although I was tricked into doing a couple of pretty hard training sessions so didn't get too much time to enjoy it (my friend is ramping up training for the worlds next month). Unfortunately I have to work mid-week, so haven't even been getting my Leven laps in, they are always better with a bit of water (and tide).

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”