Looking for a beginners camping / kayak 5 day trip in europe somewhere

Inland paddling
Katherine1234

Looking for a beginners camping / kayak 5 day trip in europe somewhere

Post by Katherine1234 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:18 pm

I'm a solo woman who is leaving their husband at home working while I go off in search of a kayak / camping holiday !
If you have any suggestions of either in the Alps which i would love, or closer to home / further afield.

I am looking for 5 - 6 nights and i have no experience

looking for a holiday provider who allows adult solo travellers to form a group not made up entirely of 12 year olds!

Thanks for reading!!!!

Chris Bolton

Re: Looking for a beginners camping / kayak 5 day trip in europe somewhere

Post by Chris Bolton » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 pm

There a few possibilities, but if you can give a bit more background to what you want the advice will be more relevant.

Are you thinking of lakes or rivers?

Do you want to be camping, from the kayak, on a different site every night, or staying at a campsite and doing day trips?

How generally fit and accustomed to outdoor activities are you?

Would you consider a open canoe rather than a kayak?

What sort of budget do you have!

swagstaff

Post by swagstaff » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Try https://www.glenmorelodge.org.uk/cat-8- ... ak-5-days/
There will of course also be other people staying who are doing other courses so should be a good learning experience and sociable.
WHITEWATER ALL YEAR LONG

Dave Manby

Post by Dave Manby » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Euphrates Kemah or Alp to Ilic and get the train back stunning trip. Fly to Erzican

Slime

Post by Slime » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Europe is a whole continent so there is obviously a huge range of options available. I suggest you take a look at the Songofthepaddle website and trawl through their blog descriptions.

The south of France is deservedly popular for canoe and kayak camping trips for beginners - with a wide choice of easy white water rivers for multi day trips. Take a look at the guidebook - fresh last year - "Best Canoe Trips in the South of France".

Happy paddling. Peter Knowles.

Mal Grey

Post by Mal Grey » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Slime wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm
Europe is a whole continent so there is obviously a huge range of options available. I suggest you take a look at the Songofthepaddle website and trawl through their blog descriptions.

The south of France is deservedly popular for canoe and kayak camping trips for beginners - with a wide choice of easy white water rivers for multi day trips. Take a look at the guidebook - fresh last year - "Best Canoe Trips in the South of France".

Happy paddling. Peter Knowles.
As Slime says, this is a great area for summer paddling on clear water of whatever difficulty you want (as a beginner), in some stunning, mostly limestone, scenery.

There are various blogs on Song of the Paddle, as he says, some of my own trips are on there, to save time they're linked from my own page here: https://www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk/france

Note these are open canoe trips that I've done. Mostly, you could hire a Sit-on-Top as a new solo paddler, or learn to paddle an open solo before you go.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”