New Coach Award E-Learning

Inland paddling
pinkimark

New Coach Award E-Learning

Post by pinkimark » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Afternoon All,

I'm a level 2 coach (completed 2011) and looking complete the various e-learning modules to enable to me to understand and assess the new awards in the new year.

Can someone please explain to me how on earth you get to find this e-learning?? I have found this - https://brcanoeawarding.mylearningapp.com/index.php
but I have no log in for it and can't find anywhere to register?

Thanks

Mark

G7AFM

Re: New Coach Award E-Learning

Post by G7AFM » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:55 pm

have a look here.

https://www.britishcanoeingawarding.org ... ce-awards/

about half way down is a section for provider e learning.
phil

Pam Bell

Post by Pam Bell » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:55 pm

It took me a couple of attempts to find it when I did mine!

http://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk

Click the 'Awarding Body' tab.

'New Personal Performance Awards' is clickable on that screen.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:05 pm

When you have done the module and had a look at the syllabi etc I would be interested to hear your views about the new scheme. As a club we have trained our novices at our weekly sessions with groups being pretty flexible in make up and likely to get a different coach each week. Then if members wanted to take a Star Award an assessment was arranged with a club coach. I have the impression that the new system will only work well with a dedicated group aiming at a particular Award and working towards that with the same coach every session. How feasible that would be remains to be seen!

Ian Dallaway

Post by Ian Dallaway » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 am

DaveB wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:05 pm
When you have done the module and had a look at the syllabi etc I would be interested to hear your views about the new scheme. As a club we have trained our novices at our weekly sessions with groups being pretty flexible in make up and likely to get a different coach each week. Then if members wanted to take a Star Award an assessment was arranged with a club coach. I have the impression that the new system will only work well with a dedicated group aiming at a particular Award and working towards that with the same coach every session. How feasible that would be remains to be seen!
Hi Dave,
I've had a look at the syllabi and I did the e-learning workshop last week.
The new awards are written in a totally different style that they have ever been in the past, and are written for the paddler rather than the coach. It puts the paddler in control of their own learning. I suspect there will be quite a few coaches out there that would have preferred the older format, which essentially could have been applied as a tick box exercise for each skill.
The new format is less prescriptive but the detail is all there - it is just written in a more holistic way rather than as a list. I personally think it gives us coaches much more flexibility to train the awards, and it definitely doesn't stop what you did previously. You can definitely still have themed sessions - tonight we're going to focus on rescues, or tandem paddling canoe, components of dynamic forward paddling, etc...

The fact that there are even more awards now means much more flexibility and diversity.
It's early days, but what I've seen so far look good to me and I'm looking forward to getting involved with the new awards. There are also a few I want to do myself too.
Ian

andynormancx

Post by andynormancx » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:55 am

I'm trying to work out how to buy the New Personal Performance Awards e-learning workshop. I already have the Coach Award e-learning available on my login at e-learning https://brcanoeawarding.mylearningapp.com

When I go to https://brcanoeawarding.mylearningapp.com/shop/ to try and buy the New Personal Performance Awards workshop, it says that my username doesn't exist :(

andynormancx

Post by andynormancx » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:29 am

So your login for the shop it different for the login to actually view the e-learning ?

andynormancx

Post by andynormancx » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:12 pm

The answer from BC, I have to create a new account to sign up for the provider e-learning content.

So I now have three different accounts for BC:

- membership area
- e-learning for coaching award
- e-learning for the providers info

I hope they have plans to streamline this, the last thing coaches getting up to speed on the new awards need is more friction to just finding out the details.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”