Inflatable Kayaks

Inland paddling
davideamesde

Inflatable Kayaks

Post by davideamesde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:52 am

I am yet still to buy my first Kayak and was looking at the hard shell kayaks until I realised I would have to be spending just as much on a good roof rack system, because I have a Fiat 500 which has a very short roof there is only one system that will do the job but it'll cost me about £350, so an inflatable it is, I've been Looking at the Seveylor range which look pretty good, does anyone out there have any other opinions on inflatables and which brands to look at? I'm looking to spend a maximum of £400.

feedbackproblem

Re: Inflatable Kayaks

Post by feedbackproblem » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:30 am

If you put the seats down I bet you'd fit a play boat in a Fiat 500 ;-)

I can't say I've paddled an inflatable but Seveylor have a decent reputation and if they come in at your price point then you know your'll be getting a decent product. Don't forget to save a bit of your budget for a buoyancy aid.

G7AFM

Post by G7AFM » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:06 am

Don't know where you are looking to price a rack but 350 is well over the top take a look here sure you can find them elsewhere.

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-rack ... t/fiat-500

TheEcho

Post by TheEcho » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 am

Sevylors paddle OK but having a separate bladder inside their skin is a hassle after paddling as you have to take it out and hang it out to dry to stop it going mouldy. I have a two to three seater Gumotex which is single skin and tough as old boots. You could get one of their lightweight single seaters within that budget.

davideamesde

Post by davideamesde » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:05 am

G7AFM wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:06 am
Don't know where you are looking to price a rack but 350 is well over the top take a look here sure you can find them elsewhere.

I already had a look at Micks Garage and the only one he does for my car is also the Thule system at around £220 and then with the Kayak carrier you're looking at about £350

davideamesde

Post by davideamesde » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:08 am

TheEcho wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 am
Sevylors paddle OK but having a separate bladder inside their skin is a hassle after paddling as you have to take it out and hang it out to dry to stop it going mouldy. I have a two to three seater Gumotex which is single skin and tough as old boots. You could get one of their lightweight single seaters within that budget.
Ok thanks for that, I'll have a look, I was also looking at the single skin Aqua Marina, I'll definitely take on board what you say about the duke skin and drying, I guess that could be a bit of a nuisance.

davideamesde

Post by davideamesde » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 am

feedbackproblem wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:30 am
If you put the seats down I bet you'd fit a play boat in a Fiat 500 ;-)

I can't say I've paddled an inflatable but Seveylor have a decent reputation and if they come in at your price point then you know your'll be getting a decent product. Don't forget to save a bit of your budget for a buoyancy aid.
Ye I bet I could lol not really that keen on the play boats though, no disrespect 😊

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:28 am

davideamesde wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:05 am
G7AFM wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:06 am

I already had a look at Micks Garage and the only one he does for my car is also the Thule system at around £220 and then with the Kayak carrier you're looking at about £350
The Thule system is very good and well worth the money. The kayak carrier is totally unnecessary though and can actually make loading a kayak harder depending upon which type of boat you are looking at buying. You will need a pair of decent cam straps at about £10 a pair.
it's not a playboat, it's a river runner

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”