Sue's Canoes?

Inland paddling
cliff2560

Sue's Canoes?

Post by cliff2560 »

Hi all. Looks like a bit of a theme judging from this forum and online reviews but does anyone know if there are any issues with Sue's Canoes? Ordered quite a few items from them 3 weeks ago and still waiting for.....well anything: correspondence, a delivery! E-mailed half a dozen times, including one sent directly from Pay Pal but no reply at all. Also tried ringing the shop many times each day but it goes to a message saying I can't leave any messages. Is the shop still open? Are they away? Checked the website but nothing on there. I can't get out until my paddles and spray deck arrive so it's very frustrating and a little puzzling. Looks like my own fault for not checking out the reviews first. Getting a little worried now! Can anyone shed any light?

Mrstratos61

Re: Sue's Canoes?

Post by Mrstratos61 »

A quick Google shows you're not alone.

G7AFM

Post by G7AFM »

Might be worth asking anybody that lives in Norfolk if they could physically call by the shop to check if still trading.

cliff2560

Post by cliff2560 »

Anyone in Norfolk planning a trip to the shop? Also, I'm not on social media but they are on Facebook and twitter, has anyone seen any posts recently? The website is still live so will be still taking orders I presume? This might save someone a similar experience. I hope they eventually arrive cos I'm itching to get out for a paddle! On a plus note I ordered other items from Escape and they were delivered very quickly. Pity they weren't the more essential bits!!!

LucyLou19

Post by LucyLou19 »

I definitely thought they shut up shop a few years ago

G7AFM

Post by G7AFM »

If you paid via paypal you can get them to intervene & possibly get a full refund.

PayPal Purchase Protection
PayPal Purchase Protection (also known as PayPal Buyer Protection) applies for certain, qualifying purchases regardless of the payment method. For these qualifying purchases, PayPal will cover you for the full amount of the item plus original shipping costs if you do not receive the item or if you receive an item but it is significantly different than the description the seller provided. To receive reimbursement for items that are significantly not as described, you will be required to return the item to the seller, or in some cases to PayPal, and to pay the return shipping costs. PayPal Purchase Protection is not available for personal payments and other ineligible purchases.

To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection, you must file a Dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center within 180 days of the date you sent the payment, escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 days of the date you filed the Dispute, and meet the eligibility criteria as listed in the PayPal User Agreement.

fingers crossed you are covered good luck.

cliff2560

Post by cliff2560 »

Hiya G7AFM. Thanks. Yes, I've now escalated the dispute with Pay Pal. I was hoping not to, but they've had a lot of chances to respond. I think I would've been reasonable if there were legitimate reasons. Takes up to 30 days to resolve. Blimey, it's going to be a long wait to have a paddle.

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

You could try messaging "a boy named sue" on this Forum; it's his shop. He last posted here on 29th October and seemed to still be in business at that time. The background to the name, I understand, is that Sue was his mother, but she sadly died and he took over the business. I think it's fair to say he has struggled with it at times, although I'm not makes excuses for anyone letting down customers.

cliff2560

Post by cliff2560 »

Hi Chris. Thanks. I'll try making contact with him.

up and under

Post by up and under »

Hi Guys,

I am sorry to hear about all of your issues with this...

If you are ordering kit on-line, please feel free to give Up and Under in Cardiff a try.

We have been established 40+years, we are a family owned company and we are open 7days a week.

We have a large on line website which also shows live stock so you know whats here to order! Its fully automated and in most cases a next day delivery.

Please check us out at www.upandunder.co.uk I can also offer you the discount code of UAU101 to get an additional discount!

If you have any queries or questions, please feel free to contact us on watersports@upandunder.co.uk or 029 20 578 579, we love to chat!

Best Wishes

James

G7AFM

Post by G7AFM »

cliff2560 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:52 pm
Anyone in Norfolk planning a trip to the shop? Also, I'm not on social media but they are on Facebook and twitter, has anyone seen any posts recently? The website is still live so will be still taking orders I presume? This might save someone a similar experience. I hope they eventually arrive cos I'm itching to get out for a paddle! On a plus note I ordered other items from Escape and they were delivered very quickly. Pity they weren't the more essential bits!!!
Also ordered several bits of kit from Escape can't fault the service or prices.

Nothing worse than crap service again good luck.
phil

cliff2560

Post by cliff2560 »

Hi all. Just an update and a word of caution: still no reply to my e-mails and all calls still unanswered. I sent a private message to the owner via this site. No reply!Worryingly, the website is still live and presumably taking orders. My claim via Pay Pal will take up to 30 days. Just to make you aware. Any news welcomed. Thanks. Cliff

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel »

There website appears to have been taken off line with the message
SuesCanoes.com wrote:Sues Canoes | Sues Cycles
We are currently down for essential maintenance
Please contact us via email to sales@suescanoes.co.uk
Also, it might be worth trying to contact them through their facebook page as facebook lists them as very responsive to messages and usually replying within minutes.

Got to be worth a shot.

Poke

Post by Poke »

Looks like it has closed:

Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

G7AFM

Post by G7AFM »

Poke wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 pm
Looks like it has closed:

OOP,s don't think that cliff wanted to hear that type of news hope he can get some sort of recompense via pay pal.

cliff2560

Post by cliff2560 »

Hi all. Yes. PayPal refunded most of my money. The website was live for quite a long time after I raised concerns so I hope others aren't in a similar position. Worth noting that the PayPal guarantee was honoured. I know how I'll be paying in future. I'm sorry to hear the business has closed but there was no excuse for the lack of communication. To date no one has replied to any of my calls or emails.

a boy named sue

Post by a boy named sue »

Hello..........
Last edited by a boy named sue on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

a boy named sue

Post by a boy named sue »

Maybe spare a thought that some one could be going through a mentally and very emotional tough time, I’ve lost my life at the moment. Everyone who ordered I cleared refunds on PayPal, everyone is safe and I owe no one money. It’s easy to sit back and make judgments when your not in the situation, it’s not how I wanted to go out or how I want to treat customers.

morsey

Post by morsey »

This sucks, and not the first friend who has had to close their canoe shop.

Friends and local paddlers see the amount of support shops give, like turning up with vans full of demo boats to club nights, running demo days, supporting up and coming paddlers, giving time to judge, ref, help out at events and provide prizes... And, you have to wait ages to go paddling with your buddies who work in canoe shops because they are running the shop 24/7.

Yeah economics force changes but still doesn't stop it sucking.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”