River Trent Source to sea

Inland paddling
YorkieDave

River Trent Source to sea

Post by YorkieDave » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Has anybody paddled the River Trent source to Sea? It's a trip me and my pal fancy doing next year camping along the way. Has anybody done this? Any blogs to read? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

morsey

Re: River Trent Source to sea

Post by morsey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Not done S2S
But have been on the river way up above Nottingham, it's nice (almost clear water).

Simon

Post by Simon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 am

I have done from Alrewas down to Newark at various times. It's a good trip but needs a fast touring boat rather than a WW boat if you are kayaking, or an open canoe would be good. There are a couple of bits of white water, but nothing that can't be done in open boats.

Below Newark the tidal stuff gets quite bouncy, and there is even a Trent Bore (or Aegre), like the Severn Bore but smaller. I have not done the tidal bit down to Trent Falls, but I think from what I have read it would be fantastic. Remote and little visited and atmospheric.

This is copied from the East Midlands River guide and may be useful. It is dated from over twenty years ago but I can't see that much will have changed.

Have fun

http://www.simondawson.com/emtrent.pdf

YorkieDave

Post by YorkieDave » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Simon wrote:I have done from Alrewas down to Newark at various times. It's a good trip but needs a fast touring boat rather than a WW boat if you are kayaking, or an open canoe would be good. There are a couple of bits of white water, but nothing that can't be done in open boats.

Below Newark the tidal stuff gets quite bouncy, and there is even a Trent Bore (or Aegre), like the Severn Bore but smaller. I have not done the tidal bit down to Trent Falls, but I think from what I have read it would be fantastic. Remote and little visited and atmospheric.

This is copied from the East Midlands River guide and may be useful. It is dated from over twenty years ago but I can't see that much will have changed.

Have fun

http://www.simondawson.com/emtrent.pdf
Thanks for this very useful

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”