Access and facility charging at Canolfan Tryweryn

Inland paddling
cp

Re: Access and facility charging at Canolfan Tryweryn

Post by cp » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 am

To me the question is not how much our whether they can charge but why they charge padflers and not walkers. CW are the governing body set up to help padflers yet it forces then to pay for facilities used by many others who it does not charge,. They say the charge is not for access but you can walk along for free, and paddle for free, but as soon as you do both they expect you to pay. Why only charge paddlers?

Jonny1982

Re: Access and facility charging at Canolfan Tryweryn

Post by Jonny1982 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:50 pm

I remember back in the good old days of late 90's and early noughties when you payed £5 per car for parking and access to the river was free (oh it also had guaranteed releases 300 days a year)! I'm happy to pay for parking on site but charging £14 per paddler if they're not governing body members is ridiculous. Normally at Tees/HPP I'd pay for access to the artificial course. If you're at HPP all day there's no parking charge if you leave after 6 and no charge at Tees. At either of the artificial courses, I will use the cafe too. Got to wonder how many people feel ripped off by the Tryweryn so don't travel to it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk