New boat advice

Inland paddling
Eggy_the_Viking

New boat advice

Post by Eggy_the_Viking » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:44 am

Just looking at some input as thinking of getting myself to as a new boat for birthday/Christmas and recovery treat.

Currently paddling a second hand medium Pyranha Ammo and I have to honest and say I love it; took a little time to tweak for my needs such as raising the seat height - Pyanha seem to have really low seats or is it me?

Starting to back into paddling of being ill for far too long, enjoying few introduction grade 2 trips of late, discovered I could wave surf but still have issues with breaking in and out, but getting there. And, here comes the rub; on these trips some more experienced paddlers swam and for some odd reason I didn't but I still feel the need for a new boat, not sure if it's a confidence booster or the idea of a little more room that's doing it - I got some new boots and they don't exactly make for comfortable seating in the Ammo.

Anyway, enough waffling been looking at the following boats and some input would be nice: Pyranha B2, Dagger Mamba (was thinking of the MX but the fixed seat put me off), LL Remix and maybe the new Machno.

Comments welcome.

SimonMW

Re: New boat advice

Post by SimonMW » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Depends what you want to do with it? Are you going to be paddling mainly G2? Do you want to be able to advance more in your surf/river play?

Eggy_the_Viking

Re: New boat advice

Post by Eggy_the_Viking » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:47 pm

SimonMW wrote:Depends what you want to do with it? Are you going to be paddling mainly G2? Do you want to be able to advance more in your surf/river play?

Thanks for the reply.

managed to get a little playboat; easier to take for pool sessions, really enjoy paddling and messing about in it. So, would use that if fancy a little play, which I hope to do in the future.

As for the Ammo replacement; only doing G2 as that's what's offered for intro sessions but would love to do more and go higher, just not sure of how high but of all the trips I done so far I've really enjoyed them. It's amazing how much you do without thinking, brace, edge and so forth. I also do swim safety and the ammo isn't really big enough or comfortable enough for it, and the less said about the speed the better - it takes it out of you.

Therefore, the boat would allow me to grow skills, confidence, go up grades, keep up with the pack and just have a blast to shake of the stresses of work. I've had my Ammo for the last 3 years, this boat would at least last that and maybe more.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”