What Paddle?

Inland paddling
Girdles

Re: What Paddle?

Post by Girdles »

Badknee wrote:
Girdles wrote:
Badknee wrote:
I don't suppose you are at LV on the 5th or 6th of November? I would like to try the VE. At the moments I am leaning towards the powerhouse but I would like to have a p wit the VEs first.
No problem, what time ?
I live 5 minutes from Lee Valley.
1:30 ish?
No problem, see you there. Look for a fella in an Orange coat walking with a VE paddle around the reception area.

DaveBland

Post by DaveBland »

The flutter thing is interesting. I have experienced it on occasion – when pulling hard and there's a lot of resistance. I understand it's down to trying to pull the blade through the water without enough power. I'm not that strong so it would make sense as the VE blades are really grippy on the water.
The few times this does happen are totally outweighed by the number of times I've needed a big powerful blade to get me out of trouble.
I would consider a slightly shaved-down blade next set – or I could go to the gym.

Any time I paddle with any other blades they whizz through the water by comparison, but without anything like as much power. It's like they have tiny blade areas.
I guess it depends if you like a faster stroke rate or more 'pull'.Ultimately it's about the power to pull a 'higher gear' whether it''s through blade area/shape/power or length of shaft/leverage.
dave

Badknee

Post by Badknee »

Girdles wrote:
Badknee wrote:
Girdles wrote:
No problem, what time ?
I live 5 minutes from Lee Valley.
1:30 ish?
No problem, see you there. Look for a fella in an Orange coat walking with a VE paddle around the reception area.
Is that ok for Sunday, I have to work on Saturday now?
All the usual scratches...

Badknee

Post by Badknee »

Thanks to Girdles for letting me try the VE. I think it is easy to roll with, didn't get any flutter and it definitely looks cool. I will try the carbon powerhouse again and then make a decision.

Badknee

Post by Badknee »

I am now in love with my new VE paddle.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”