Egress (get out) for the Lower Dart

Inland paddling
buck197

Egress (get out) for the Lower Dart

Post by buck197 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:28 pm

The egress situation has improved on the Lower adart in that the Indian restaurant has shut and a new cafe, Salmon Leap Cafe, has opened. The cafe have developed the piece of land by the side of the property and are encouraging paddlers to use it for parking and partaking of the cafe. The actual egress is now shifted from just under the bridge to a spot 100 m further down on river left where a side stream comes in and this is before the A38 road bridge. There is a sign at the old get out which says the new get out is a further 59m but I think it is closer to 100m. There is space for maybe a dozen vehicles at least. Let's use this new egress point and support the cafe as they are kayaker friendly. I have photos but can't seem to load them. Remember the old and new egress point are on private land and if we abuse it then we may lose it.
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

buck197

Re: Egress (get out) for the Lower Dart

Post by buck197 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:34 pm

buck197 wrote:The egress situation has improved on the Lower Dart in that the Indian restaurant has shut and a new cafe, Salmon Leap Cafe, has opened. The cafe have developied the piece of land by the side of the property and are encouraging paddlers to use it for parking and partaking of the cafe. The actual egress is now shifted from just under the bridge to a spot 100 m further down on river left where a side stream comes in and this is before the A38 road bridge. There is a sign at the old get out which says the new get out is a further 50m but I think it is closer to 100m. There is space for maybe a dozen vehicles at least. Let's use this new egress point and support the cafe as they are kayaker friendly. I have photos but can't seem to load them. Remember the old and new egress point are on private land and if we abuse it then we may lose it.
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

morsey

Re: Egress (get out) for the Lower Dart

Post by morsey » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Nice one. This makes the egress for the lower handy and cafe on site, bonus.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”