Pics on my thread.

Inland paddling
Wildswimmer Pete

Pics on my thread.

Post by Wildswimmer Pete »

I've got some river entries to make on my "Water Temp" thread but every time I try to preview my post complete with images I get "Access Forbidden" and when I click "back" all of my content has been wiped. I was attempting to upload images of 800x600 resolution which I always use.

I've got to post this message because I don't know the new site admin - clicking on "The Team" reveals a blank page.

Wildswimmer Pete
Nili illegitimi carborundum

Big Henry

Re: Pics on my thread.

Post by Big Henry »

Admin is now Mark Gawler, so contact him about it.

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

Pete, I've drawn this to Mark's attention. Are you using the same host for your images as previously, eg, flickr?

Chris

Wildswimmer Pete

Post by Wildswimmer Pete »

Thanks guys, problem seems to have been sorted but it could still be a problem that Mark might have to look into. I've just posted on my thread, including photos, using Chrome and adding the images caused no problems. I usually use Firefox but I neglected to turn off automatic updating - the problem seems to have been down to a recent update. Coincidentally Firefox stopped playing Vimeo videos, I tried all Vimeo's suggestions and no luck. Looks like I'll have to reinstall the previous version of Firefox. I don't really like using Chrome because of Google's tracking what I'm doing.

I'm still using Flickr, it's a paid-for "Pro" account. OS: Windows XP Pro, SP3

Wildswimmer Pete
Nili illegitimi carborundum

Mark Gawler
Site Admin

Post by Mark Gawler »

Hi Pete, I'm glad you got it sorted. I don't know what the problem could have been, but the fact you are still using XP is likely to be the issue. You will find issue like this become more common if you do not upgrade to a supported OS.
Mark Gawler

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”