Trywerynfest 24-26th July

Inland paddling
gp.girl

Trywerynfest 24-26th July

Post by gp.girl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Tickets booked :)

Everyone else pulled out :(

Option 1 Just get on with the 2 of us and hope!
Option 2 Coaching
Option 3 Anyone going and willing to let a us tag along?

Will be first time on the Tryweryn. Both got our Legacy assesment but no rolling yet! Early rising no problem will paddle until knackered.
I can roll :)

mountain_bikerider

Re: Trywerynfest 24-26th July

Post by mountain_bikerider » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 pm

I would go for the coaching option if its part of the weekend anyway. In my opinion the T is a definite step up from the legacy and isn't massively far off the Olympic course. The other issue is with it being a real river any swims ends up with the boat and paddle floating off down stream so if neither of you are confident chase boating then it could result in lost kit. Get some quality coaching and you will enjoy the weekend much more.

Mark Dixon

Post by Mark Dixon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Just front up, there will be plenty of people to paddle with, You can rerun the 1st section a few times until you get used to the pace, walk whatever sections you dont fancy.
Its possibly worth starting out on the Lower Treweryn tho, about 400 yds in there is a small stopper just before a bridge ( maybe the campsite bridge) you can practice surfing, capsizing and rolling in it to get confidence, its a nice paddle to Bala.
I dont know the Olympic course at Lea Valley but I thought it was grade 3/4 ? Upper Treweryn is all good grade 3, 3+ at max in places.
Mark

gp.girl

Post by gp.girl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Now I need a coach.

There's meant to be some available but I couldn't get details so suggestions/anyone not busy?
I can roll :)

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”