Any changes, at all?

Inland paddling
RichA

Any changes, at all?

Post by RichA » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:29 pm

I've been out of the country for the last year and not been keeping up to speed with much paddling related UK news. Have there been any developments in the river access campaign in the last 12 months or so? Any changes that I should be aware of before heading out in Wales again? Any new issues to watch out for? Any new legislation permitting/denying access?

MarkEb

Re: Any changes, at all?

Post by MarkEb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Pretty much the same as a year ago I think. Some developments on the Dee. Search the forum for Dee access agreement and make your own mind up on that one. Not aware of anything general.

Yellow boat

Post by Yellow boat » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:28 am

Welcome back Rich
Nothing much changed sorry to say on the legal front. But in my experience more paddlers are just paddling where they want if there is water.

Cheers

Paul

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:20 pm

What has changed and is changing is paddlers' gradual realisation that for years they have been sold a pup and they should have been paddling wherever they like with due regard for the environment and other river users. They are progressively understanding that there is no law which prevents them from doing so.

RichA

Post by RichA » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks Paul!

Pretty much what I expected to hear - carry on as usual! I was just wondering if there had been any test cases/prosecutions (on either 'side') that may have changed the status quo.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”