Neck seal too large......Neoprene neck scarf thing?

Inland paddling
no-no

Neck seal too large......Neoprene neck scarf thing?

Post by no-no » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm

The neck seal on my sons peak uk cag is a little too large for him, the cag fits him perfectly so I guess he must have a thin neck.

I'm sure I remember seeing a sort of neoprene tube you could slip round your neck but I can't find it anywhere online. I think it's supposed to be for people who don't like the feel of latex neck seals. Hopefully I can use it to "thicken" his neck a bit.....don't want to buy him more kit as I'm sure he';ll start to fill out soon anyway......

TechnoEngineer

Re: Neck seal too large......Neoprene neck scarf thing?

Post by TechnoEngineer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:22 pm

XL-Burn-3 / Monstar / Kodiak / My Videos

no-no

Post by no-no » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:49 pm

ah thats the thing....not quite a thick as I'd imagined though and at £34 it's nearly as much as I paid for his cag.

I've found these things used for paintball....not sure how good a seal he'll get though although it'll be better than what he has now...need to fatten him up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INSPIRE-PAINT ... 4ab889661d

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Have you tried talking to Peak about this?

I am not sure what it is like now but when I used to work for Peak (admittedly a few years ago now) we used to do a lot of adjusting for size and special orders, that was my main job there, and often it could be done at little or no extra cost.

It may be worth an email or a phone call.

Simon

cp

Post by cp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:12 pm

I just bought a new small seal from here http://www.seaskin.co.uk/acatalog/Drysu ... Parts.html and glued this inside the current seal, as he grew up you can just cut this down until the old seal fits, looks a bit of a mess inside but works.

Chris

no-no

Post by no-no » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:39 am

Thanks the neoprene neck seals from seaskin look ideal, I'll talk to them, should be able to just glue em in with black witch or similar right? I'll try peak themselves if it' sounds any trickier than that, I can be right cack handed sometimes.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”