Sort Spain Beta

Inland paddling
connorlaird

Sort Spain Beta

Post by connorlaird »

I'm looking for beta on Sort in the Pyrenees. I know there is whitewater in town, and a pretty strong community there. Has anyone paddled here and is a trip without a car feasible? Does anyone know of outfitters that would rent boats, etc?

Any info appreciated.

RizzRat

Re: Sort Spain Beta

Post by RizzRat »

Hey!

I went for 10 days playboating and cerveza last summer.

There is white water at about Grade 1-3 but when we were there it had rained so the Grade 3 section was scattered with massive hole which handed out some alps worthy beatdowns.

The town has a great play hole above the bridge and a slalom course running through it. There are outfitters called RocRoi - they have a website. However I don't know how feasible it would be to go without out a car. The river is one long one with the top section a good 20 miles out of town. However the rafting company goes up every day they may be willing to give you a lift.

If you want any information PM me. I went a lot as a child with my parents so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

Becca
Generally p!ssing people off since 1984!

LSmith4285

Post by LSmith4285 »

I was out there last year with Aquaplay Scotland, as Becca says RocRoi are the main outfit in town who would be able to hire you a boat etc.

The Noguera Palaressa has a lot of grade 2-3 with some 4 on it. Its dam released so runs everyday for 4 hours between the 15th of April and the 15th of October. Depending which section you are paddling depends what time you want to get on. The river is around 53km long and we paddled 5 or 6 sections of it.

If travelling without a car RocRoi may be able to help or Aquaplay Scotland are going out again in September to take in the Noguera Pallaresa River Festival and would be able to hire you boats, provide shuttles and coaching. Disclaimer - I am going out as a coach with Aquaplay Scotland so I guess I have a vested interest.

Lancs_lad

Post by Lancs_lad »

Must be more than class 4 as Aniol Serrasolses chats about the area a lot on his FB page.

RizzRat

Post by RizzRat »

Lancs - lots of creeking however you would need to be there about now! Or fall on freak storm - I went in August. It was 30 degrees and very very sunny so less creeking more playing.
Generally p!ssing people off since 1984!

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper »

Is 'beta' a euphemism for 'information'?

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”