Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Inland paddling
Post Reply
Stopper
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by Stopper » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:42 am

So i am looking at getting a new boat. LL advertise the Remix as there river runner boat sitting bellow its two creek boats the stomper and jefe. Although when you watch any videos of the "pros" and the liquid logic sponsored kayakers no one uses the jefe or stomper but everyone paddles the remix as creeker.

Is this due to the stomper and jefe being poor boats so they use the remix, as they get them for free.

Or is the Remix truely a great boat that is worth considering along side other creak boats like the raptor, shiva mamba etc?

Rdscott
Posts: 1209
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by Rdscott » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:53 am

it depends what your wanting the remix is a longer and faster boat than the jefe and the stomper. But if your fancying a jefe or a stomper dont let the video's with lots of remix'sin put you of there fantastic boats

Green.media
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:52 pm
Location: hampshire

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by Green.media » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 am

its the same as many other manufactures,
liquid logic
Stomper (flatter bottomed creeker)
Jefe (displacement creeker)
Remix (Semi Displacement River runner come creeker)

Jackson
Karma (flat Bottomed Creeker)
Villan (Rounder Creeker)
Fun Zen (planing hull river runner that you could take creeking)

the list goes on i wont bore everyone with a list of every boat ever made!

effectively there all different boats they will Handel a little differently, the remixes are cheaper boats so your argument may be true that team boaters get them cheaper, they are also exceptionally quick, not to heavy and have plenty of room in the back. how ever they may not hold there volume so much above the water compared to the jefe or stomper in steep high volume runs.

its all a horses for courses argument with no correct answer, its is simply a case of what best suits you and your needs, my best advice is to find somewhere such as Cardiff with a demo range and see what best suits you.

if you do decide you would like a remix then i have a friend with one for sale for £400 drop me a pm for more info.

cheers
rich

User avatar
DaveBland
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm
Location: Calgary Canada
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by DaveBland » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Both the Remix and Stomper are two of my fave boats. [So why do I have a Karma??}.
All depends on what you are paddling. If it's steeper UK stuff, then the Stomper may fit, as it turns super quick and will be suited to the tight twisty nature of UK ditches. If you are running more of the 'bigger vol' classics like the Dee, Orchy, etc, then maybe the Remix.
Tough call, but both fab boats IMO. Comfy as hell too.
The Jefe's a dog.
dave

Green.media
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:52 pm
Location: hampshire

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by Green.media » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Dave you have a karma just because! Love mine to bits!

Rdscott
Posts: 1209
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by Rdscott » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:49 pm

DaveBland wrote: The Jefe's a dog.
If you dont paddle it properly.

It needs to be driven over and through things you need to paddle it hard and not sit there and bob along, if you do thi it is an excelent boat

User avatar
DaveBland
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm
Location: Calgary Canada
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by DaveBland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:09 am

Rdscott wrote:
DaveBland wrote: The Jefe's a dog.
If you dont paddle it properly.

It needs to be driven over and through things you need to paddle it hard and not sit there and bob along, if you do thi it is an excelent boat
True, true. But... when you are at your most vulnerable, tired and leaning back after a big working having just rolled up... I can think of any number of boats I'd rather be in.
And the reason it 'needs' padding hard is exactly the same reason a bathtub would need paddling hard.
dave

User avatar
morsey
Posts: 6275
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:36 pm
Location: West Country :-)
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by morsey » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:21 am

DaveBland wrote:But... when you are at your most vulnerable, tired and leaning back after a big working having just rolled up...
Isn't that more about choosing a river that realistically reflects your abilities rather than selecting the top end and expecting the boat to fix your problems!!??!!

User avatar
ion
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:55 am
Location: California
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by ion » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:57 am

morsey wrote:
DaveBland wrote:But... when you are at your most vulnerable, tired and leaning back after a big working having just rolled up...
Isn't that more about choosing a river that realistically reflects your abilities rather than selecting the top end and expecting the boat to fix your problems!!??!!
Ah now, I've blundered down, been worked badly, and swum on rivers that were realistically within my abilities...so have you Morsey, and so has Dave...pretty much 99% of us have. We don't always accurately predict how on our game we are at the putin, nor what roll of the dice we are going to be on the receiving end of.

For what it's worth, I feel the same way as Dave, the Stomper and the Remix are 2 of the best out there. And the Jefe is a high performance boat that will bite back when you're not 100% on it. Some of the very best paddlers in the world do some amazing stuff in that boat, but it isn't the easiest boat to get along with.

User avatar
DaveBland
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm
Location: Calgary Canada
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by DaveBland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:57 am

morsey wrote:
DaveBland wrote:But... when you are at your most vulnerable, tired and leaning back after a big working having just rolled up...
Isn't that more about choosing a river that realistically reflects your abilities rather than selecting the top end and expecting the boat to fix your problems!!??!!
...specifically that was about a missed boof on a very familiar local drop*.
But also, having had a handful of ventures out [on proper rivers] in a hefty, I can claim it's great, until you are tired or off your game.

*vid online somewhere.
dave

Rdscott
Posts: 1209
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by Rdscott » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Just so dave knows I wasn't questioning his ability, just pointing out that it needs a very proactive style, I found that after paddling slalom for a while and after getting some tips in this disaplin I tried it out in the jefe, and it worked, the boat felt fast and nimble, the second to slaken of or take it easy it turned back into an animal,i Agree this boat is not for everyone but i loved mine, but I love my raptor more.

User avatar
DaveBland
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm
Location: Calgary Canada
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Liquid Logic Remix, Better than the other LL Boats?

Post by DaveBland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Blimey, no offence taken... and feel free to question my ability – my paddling buds do every trip!
dave

Post Reply

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”