A huge thanks to those that got High earlier this year

Inland paddling
joereadickins

A huge thanks to those that got High earlier this year

Post by joereadickins »

I have just recieved this email from Mola Dad Shafa who has been our contact from the Womens Association For Advancement in Gilgit-Baltistan. For those of you who donated money through purchasing a High DVD earlier this year, thank you!
Dear Joe

Greetings from Gilgit, Pakistan!

Hope this email finds you well! My apologies for not being able to give you an update on the generous donation of Rs: 165,000 that you donated to the cause of affording the education of the poorest of the poor children in this part of Pakistan. Over the last couple of months I had to be out of office most of the time visiting some of our project schools operating in the far-flung areas of Gilgit-Baltistan and in most cases I had no internet access in those areas. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused!

As regards the donation, we are literally overwhelmed with requests for financial support; however, up till now we have spent Rs: 50,000 in supporting the education of some 13 early childhood education (ECE) class children who were dropped due to non payment of their monthly fees in their school operating in a poverty-stricken village called Rahimabad. I have got the receipts of the fees paid to the school which I will share with you tomorrow with the names of the children supported through this donation. Since the current academic year is about to end and most students in the schools are somehow managing to pay their fees etc., I have suggested to Rizwan Karim (i.e. the WAFA Manager) that we should carefully scrutinize the several applications for support and distribute the money left (i.e. Rs: 115,000) from the beginning of the next academic year which will start from March 2014. However, I will also seek your advice in case you have some other ideas on how to distribute the remaining amount in supporting education of the poor children.

Dear Joe, I sincerely thank you for all your efforts to help some of the destitute children in registering them in schools and/or help them continue their education if they are already in the schools. Inshallah, you will get details tomorrow from me...many thanks and God bless!

Best regards

Dr. Mola Dad Shafa
Head, PDCN

David Fairweather

Re: A huge thanks to those that got High earlier this year

Post by David Fairweather »

Well done Joe, that's fantastic news. Great to see kayakers making a difference.

Poke

Post by Poke »

For anyone that is interested, 165,000Rp is nearly a grand!

Good effort Joe – really generous of you to donate the takings from this DVD, and a very worthy cause :-)

Nice to have some feedback from the charity too!
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

joereadickins

Post by joereadickins »

Thanks for the applause but honestly releasing a kayaking DVD for charity was a dream that wouldn't have been possible without the encouragement from Paul 'Cheese' Robertson of Palm Equipment Europe, Jon Fiddy of http://www.rapidkayaks.co.uk/ for legitimising sales on his website and the British boating community for handing over the cash in an era of top quality videos readily accessible on the web for free!

Thanks again, and hopefully Too High will be able to deliver the goods that will be worth you guys getting your wallets out again, good luck to Callum Strong and Jamie Conn with all the work they have ahead of them. From what I've seen its going to be awesome!!!

Rapid Kayaks

Post by Rapid Kayaks »

Great work Joe!
I'm looking forward to seeing "Too High"

best regards

Jon

www.rapidkayaks.co.uk

callum s

Post by callum s »

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”