Wanted: Paddlers with FSRT/FA 21 Sept Lowther Castle, Lakes.

Inland paddling
Paul Bull

Wanted: Paddlers with FSRT/FA 21 Sept Lowther Castle, Lakes.

Post by Paul Bull »

Hi all,

I've been asked to coordinate safety cover for an adventure race taking place on the 21st September 2013 at Lowther Castle, Lake District. I need 4 people with a FSRT and first aid certificate as a minimum to keep an eye on two water based obstacles. Marshall Fees of £25 will be paid for the day. If you're interested please contact me on paul@paulbull.co.uk.

Thanks, Paul
Excellence in Coaching from www.paulbull.co.uk

woody

Re: Wanted: Paddlers with FSRT/FA 21 Sept Lowther Castle, La

Post by woody »

£25 Mate you must be joking? That's derisory.
Rain rain we want rain

Alec

Post by Alec »

I agree with Woody. Just to give you an idea how far behind market rates you are -
Toughmudder pay £60 - £80 per day and Great British Swim pay £100. Both only require FSRT although they would quite like you to have the new SESA award. First aid is somebody else's responsibility.

RichA

Post by RichA »

To be fair, I think he meant hourly. A 3 or 4 hour event at £25/hr would be about right.

Paul Bull

Post by Paul Bull »

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I don't hold the purse strings. I've gone back to the race organisers who are in charge of the budget and they have agreed to up the day rate to £75. Please drop me an email on paul@paulbull.co.uk if you'd like to help out for the day.

Cheers

Paul
Excellence in Coaching from www.paulbull.co.uk

Fast Pat

Post by Fast Pat »

Wow £75 quid for the day! The same as the entry fee one competitor is paying, unless of course you sign up after the 31st August then its £90. Perhaps if the paddlers sign up late they will get £90?

heybaz

Post by heybaz »

Sadly this does seem to be the way of a lot of these "adventure races" are going with entry costs outweighing the fees being offered to those willing to turn out for the day (it's not 3-4 hours by the time you've packed kit, travelled, registered, been briefed, etc, etc) to provide the organisers with some (possibly questionable?) safety cover.

If folk are willing to turn out for this kind of money - and it is of course their choice - nothing's going to change. I'm curious - would organisers rather pay a decent days rate (well qualified freelancers around the Lakes can expect approaching double what's on offer here for example), have to provide their own staff, or just not run these events?

Barry

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”