Helmet Damage

Inland paddling
The Drowned Fish

Helmet Damage

Post by The Drowned Fish »

Hmmp just looked at my helmet for the first time since coming back from Scotland and discovered that the Shred Ready Shaggy has become a bit Scrappy. And thats not good.

What I thought were cosmetic scuffs seem to have turned in to a blistered like surface with thin cracks running along it. I guess I should be gratefull that despite my head bouncing off the bottom of all those rivers I should be quite gratefull that me head wasn't damaged.

Anyway I would assume that now its taken this damage any further 'scrape your head down the bottom if the river, hitting every rock with your head' incidents would lead to more catastophic damage? most likely to my head.

So it looks like its shopping time, whats recommended in the cranium fashion department these days?

Cheers
Simon

Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Simon, don't just go for the latest spangley design, shop around a bit first.

(then, buy a Sweet helmet)
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

james fleming

Post by james fleming »

HEE HEE Heee LOL!!!!!!!

The Drowned Fish

Post by The Drowned Fish »

Simon, don't just go for the latest spangley design, shop around a bit first.
Last time I followed your advice I ended up baning my head down the bottom of the Nevis breaking said helmet in the first place. :)

I guessed that Sweet would be most people advice advice, shame that this http://www.sweet.no/helmets_rocker_s1_fc.htm isn't availible until next year.

Tom_Laws

Post by Tom_Laws »

That looks awesome! (dribbles)

I like my FMJ, I feel safe in it.

Tom

AliceB

Post by AliceB »

I desperatly need a new helmet...mine's knackered (and tom if you put that photo of me up once more just to show my helmet off, I'll kill ya!).

Any ideas of a good helmet for someone with a really little head?

Daffers

Post by Daffers »

AliceB wrote:Any ideas of a good helmet for someone with a really little head?
Happy2b do nice ones for smaller heads... They sold one at the Nottingham Eurocup this year that was the pinkest pick ever! Not bright, but baby pink I guess...

I tried one on and it was soooooooooo comfey too - but at over £100 (I think), they an't cheap :-(
JP Lives Forever

God

Post by God »

If you got a small head then the shred ready hand of god system is really good

Jak

dmurphy2

Post by dmurphy2 »

What a disgusting looking helmet!!! yuk! Does look safe though which kindof is important! Sweet are a quality make though although my shred reddy is rather good too. My advise....don't capsise and you'll be fine!!!!
Dan, 13, water balifs grrrrrrr :(

RichA

Post by RichA »

What's the peak on the Sweet Rocker attached on with? It looks like two small rivets on each side. I suppose these will break under (relatively) large loads?

Rich C

Post by Rich C »

The last helmet that I bought was a head trip helmet and can be seen here

http://www.kayakinghelmets.com/products.htm

I think that I got the polo and it is the best helmet that i have used to date. Also because they do a range of carbon shells they are good for a range of head sizes and it is not just padding it out to make it smaller. Also due to the exchange rate at the moment they should be fairly cheap. THink mine cost £80 all in and was here 4 days after ordering.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”