Go pro Won't turn on.

Inland paddling
mountain_bikerider

Go pro Won't turn on.

Post by mountain_bikerider » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi all GoPro users I need help.

I bought a Gopro HD2 recently. It was from a well known auction site and was allegedly tested and working fine. I got it the other day have put in a wasabi power battery and charged it up. The camera turned on but wouldn't record. I turned off to try again and it wouldn't turn back on. I have only managed to get it to turn back on once but it turned off whilst trying to change the settings and now I can't turn it back on again. I have tried pulling the battery and turning on in excess of 30 times and no joy. I have tried the trick of connecting to USB without battery in so the LED flashes fast but weak then plugging the battery in and turning on but still no joy.
So do any of the loads of GoPro users out there have any tips or tricks for me. I have obviously emailed the seller but am hoping I can resolve this without the faff of sending the camera back as it appears it needs a firmware update if I can get it connected to the computer!!

Cheers

Chris

Easle100

Re: Go pro Won't turn on.

Post by Easle100 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm

It doesn't sound good. There are 2 ways to do a firmware update on the hero 2. One via the software and the other manually which you should try. The hero's did have a problem with freezing but not to the extent you are describing.

cp

Post by cp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:23 am

Had the same problem with a gopro 2, contacted go pro who said there sounds like it sounds like it is not functioning correctly and to send it back to them as there is nothing else they can suggest. I suggest you contact gopro. I had to send mine back to the supplier and get a refund. Swapped to a hero 3 silver (same price if you shop around). No problems since.

Chris

edhunter

Post by edhunter » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:37 pm

I lost the clip of my hd hero1 and I contacted GoPro and they were great. Id recommend emailing them. I asked if i could buy just hte clip and they sent me one for free. Incredibly happy with the service.

mountain_bikerider

Post by mountain_bikerider » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 pm

Cheers all for the advice. Email has been sent to GoPro and I await their reply. Fingers crossed!!!

janet brown

Post by janet brown » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:13 pm

If you are going to send it back to the seller, do it sooner rather than later, as there is a time limit beyond which you cannot raise a dispute on said auction site. I fell foul of this when sending a PS2 back: I accepted a straight replacement, where a refund would have been better, as the replacement didn't work, and then supposedly didn't arrive in the post. By the time I'd given the seller the benefit of the doubt, I had no chance of getting my money back.

Janet

mountain_bikerider

Post by mountain_bikerider » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 am

Great customer service from GoPro. I contacted them fully expecting no help as it was bought through ebay. However they couldn't have been more helpful. I now have a fully working HD2 ready to go for my next paddling trip with the only cost to me postage to the repair centre. and all within two weeks!!

Thank you GoPro

KevfaeFife

Post by KevfaeFife » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:08 pm

When contacting GoPro, did they insist on the ID code behind the battery before helping?

I ask as I also bought a HD2 from the 'bay and I also have a rather expensive paper weight after following the instructions via Cineform for the v222 firmware update. It appears I'm not alone after a quick google either.

Kev

mountain_bikerider

Post by mountain_bikerider » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Unfortunately that was about the only bit they did insist on. They took no proof of purchase from me I can only assume it was because they could see the history from the serial number and perhaps my camera was from a faulty batch identified from the serial number.
Always worth an email though as they were really helpful.

Tom_Laws

Post by Tom_Laws » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 am

GoPro have a very strict policy and dealers have to sign things to say that their goods won't end up on eBay!

KevfaeFife

Post by KevfaeFife » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:26 am

Yup....that'll be why my camera is missing the stickered code behind the battery.

Not to worry, manage to un-brick the thing last night via a YouTube tutorial and reinstall V222 firmware. Working fine now, even on one-button mode, which I believe was a sticking point.

Glad you got yours sorted Chris.

Kev

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”