Keeping warm in summer

Inland paddling
gp.girl

Keeping warm in summer

Postby gp.girl » Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 pm

I tend to swim* on ww and get cold unless it's very warm. So whats the best things for keeping snug? I've got a semidry cag which works fine up until the first swim. Probably need something to go underneath thats better than thermals. Thinking shorty wetsuit, any other suggestions?

* I'm working on it :)
Roll sort of back.

Simon

Re: Keeping warm in summer

Postby Simon » Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Rather than a shorty wet suit, try s set of thin (summer weight) neoprene long Johns, i.e covers your legs and core body, but keeps the arms free.

TheEcho

Postby TheEcho » Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Agreed, long john wetsuits are fab. I have a Palm one which is great (and women specific - I got it after going on courses which provided 'unisex' wetsuits which were, of course, men's, and simultaneously squished the chest while providing gaping flapping areas at the shoulders which let the water in and made me cold). Decathlon do some cheap ones which I haven't tried, but the rest of their kit is pretty good so worth a look.

DaveBland

Postby DaveBland » Sat May 20, 2017 12:19 am

Agree long johns are cool.
But... you havd been ag this for a while anc despite a few challenges have stuck at it (well done) so you probably deserve a dry suit.
Nothing beats a good one.

If I missread it and you have one but are looking at a summer option, then yeah maybe a drytop rather than seni dry, neoprene shorts and a good thermal.
dave

Chalky723

Postby Chalky723 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:29 pm

A decent dry cag & shorts are what I use in the summer, but if I'm on "proper" water where swims are likely I'll put the drysuit on....

D
Zet Raptor, BMW F650GS...

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”