Cuileig River - Lower waterfalls

Rivers 'near' Inverness
Mark R

Cuileig River - Lower waterfalls

Post by Mark R » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:00 am

Last edited by Mark R on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

Dr Robin

Re: Cuileig River - Lower section

Post by Dr Robin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:07 am

It's a fair hike down the hydro track. I think it's easier to walk up a farm track to the confluence with the Abhainn Droma, ferry across the river, and then walk up river left. The rapids are not far above the confluence.

norhtern boy

Post by norhtern boy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 am

I agree with Dr Robin. easier to paddle across at the confluence then walk up the river left. Shame not to paddle the full section though, its an incredible gorge. With the right water level its quite clean. Too low and its a bit chossy. If the upper is a nice medium then the lower will be a nice level. Not one to paddle too high the first time as its very committing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the top two pictures from the upper section, a little confusing for a guide.

Duncan Stewart

Post by Duncan Stewart » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:15 pm

norhtern boy wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the top two pictures from the upper section, a little confusing for a guide.
Top 2 pics are definitely from the lower section, I took them last week. First is the straight leading to Boyakasha, the second is the last drop in the gorge about 100m before it opens out, which is currently blocked by a tree. Cracking wee river though!

Kizzie_St-As

Post by Kizzie_St-As » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Duncan Stewart wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:15 pm
norhtern boy wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the top two pictures from the upper section, a little confusing for a guide.
Top 2 pics are definitely from the lower section, I took them last week. First is the straight leading to Boyakasha, the second is the last drop in the gorge about 100m before it opens out, which is currently blocked by a tree. Cracking wee river though!
Duncan has just given me a full guide for the lower gorge, so I've rearranged the photos.
Done a Scottish river not on the site? Message me!