Proposed hydro-scheme - Ghuilbinn & Pattack, info needed

Rivers 'near' Inverness
neilfarmer

Proposed hydro-scheme - Ghuilbinn & Pattack, info needed

Post by neilfarmer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi there,

There is underway the process to put a run of river scheme on both the Abhainn Ghuilbinn and River Pattack (SCA guidebook, page 138 & 136).
http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/scot ... ilbinn.htm
http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/scot ... attack.htm

Members of the SCA met with the developers last week and we are trying to clarify the impact that these proposed schemes will have on paddling. It is essential that we engage in this process. The scoping company have had in place, water level gauges for the past 10 months, and intend to have them there for a further 12-14 months.

We are looking for anyone who has paddled either of these rivers, within the last 10months or in the coming 14 months, to tell us:
• the date and time that the river was paddled
• the level (scrape, low, medium, high, flood, etc)
• if you can, if it was rising or dropping
• any other relevant information

Please either post this information here, or email me at neil.farmer [at] mac.com

Please circulate this information to other people, if we get no data back, it does not reflect that well on us. We need to engage in this process.
Neil Farmer.

Steve Herd

Re: Proposed hydro-scheme - Ghuilbinn & Pattack, info needed

Post by Steve Herd » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi we paddled the Pattak November 6th 2010 the water lever was medium and dropping.

It would be a major shame to loose such a lovely peice of water.

neil.farmer

Post by neil.farmer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Steve Herd wrote:Hi we paddled the Pattak November 6th 2010 the water lever was medium and dropping.

It would be a major shame to loose such a lovely peice of water.
Hi Steve, thanks for the information, any idea what time you were paddling?
Neil Farmer (from mobile)

AlexN

Post by AlexN » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 am

We paddled the Pattack on 11/04/2010. The level was low, a scrape on the wider bits, but better on the narrow channeled bits. I wouldn't really want to do it any lower. The level had been falling for a few days. There had been rain and some snowmelt 4-5 days earlier and the local rivers had been a fair bit higher. It was in the morning, at a guess getting on somewhere between 10 and 11am. I probably have some footage of it. PM me if you want me to look for them.

Alex