This weekend - charity challenge at the Dee and Tryweryn Fes

Severn/ Rheidol catchment and north
Rjo103

This weekend - charity challenge at the Dee and Tryweryn Fes

Post by Rjo103 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi guys
This weekend I'll be covering 70km across North Wales on foot, mountain bike and kayak for two great charities. This is no easy challenge for me but the paddling will hopefully be the easiest, I'll be out on Friday afternoon running the Dee, probably Glyndyfrdwy to Ty Mawr, so if you see about five kayaks plodding down please say hi, or come and join us!

I'll then be doing the mountain bike and running miles on Saturday, and hopefully will still be in a fit state afterwards to enjoy the Tryweryn Fest and party! (If anyone is there Saturday and wants to do some mountain biking and/or running, drop me a line, company would be great!

It's all to raise money for Veteran's Aid and Action for Children, and I've been able to organise match funding so every pound donated makes £2.50 for these great charities. Veteran's Aid help ex-servicepeople who are living on the streets after serving their country, with hostel accommodation to help them off the streets and help finding ways to help themselves in the longer term. They are not particularly well known because they don't spend their money on advertising, but they make a real difference: I've met ex-soldiers for whom Veteran's Aid provided real help when they really needed it. And for every pound donated, my employer will donate another pound to Action for Children, another charity quietly helping vulnerable people in our towns and cities.

If you would like to contribute, visit http://www.justgiving.com/alps-race, text GINJ98 £1 (or however much you want to donate) to 70070, or see me at Tryweryn Fest in my Veteran's Aid t-shirt...

Just to be clear - every penny donated goes straight to the charities (plus matched funding, and Gift Aid, less a JustGiving admin fee).
(And if you were wondering, yes it was originally planned to be in the Alps, but the transport fell through!)

Hope to see lots of you at the Fest and maybe a few of you out and about!

Rich