Pool Sessions and/or rolling lessons

Severn/ Rheidol catchment and north
MrMarris

Pool Sessions and/or rolling lessons

Post by MrMarris » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I had my first go at rolling last night with not a lot of success, which I'm going to put down to being in a leaky old glass slalom kayak in the choppy North Walean sea!

Does anyone know of any pool sessions going on in North Wales (the nearer Bangor the better) or would anyone be willing to spend an hour or two on a lake helping me get to grips with getting the right way up! Hopefully I should have a more watertight boat soon (sooner if anyone here has one they're looking to sell?!). I can help with expenses if needs be.

Thanks in advance. M

Ieuan Belshaw

Re: Pool Sessions and/or rolling lessons

Post by Ieuan Belshaw » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 am

Good effort for learning to roll in the sea, its where I started and I found it a horriffic and salty experiance. The swimming pool is a much better place to learn.

Try find a local club as Im sure they'll help you progress. I know Llangollen CC are great but that seems to be a little too far for you.
Ieuan :)

dpround

Re: Pool Sessions and/or rolling lessons

Post by dpround » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 pm

The Uni club have a session in Bangor pool, but I don't know which night or if they will let you join. SCC have Plas Menai's pool on Monday evenings. Cybi have Holyhead on a Friday?

There are usually coaches hanging around at the SCC pool sessions. SCC are also doing a rolling clinic at Plas y Brenin in the new year.

Have fun

David