Eden gorge

Severn/ Rheidol catchment and north
hilt1

Eden gorge

Post by hilt1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Went to the eden today,there has been a tree in the gorge a little way up from the mawddach confluence,it has now been removed by me and john jones,its been there for over a month,for those who have been down there recently you would of come accross it,last time we went for a scout i removed around 30 feet of cables in the same place which i draged up the left bank,for those who are going there in the near future be on your guard,
i do a bit of wild gardening this is what i call it ,i am from the area and the eden to afon wen confluence is a run we do often take care people

hilt1

Re: Eden gorge

Post by hilt1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 am

went for a paddle two days ago on the eden,we were informed by a local,that the top section of the eden above coed y brenin was being watched,cameras were going to be used up there to catch paddlers i suspect,the reason was fresh water mussels which are rare and are being bred and reintoduced to the river to replenish the stock which are there allready,allso salmon spawning grounds,he showed me a letter but there wasnt much info nothing i thaught,he told me that there was going to be another letter ,asked him has canoe wales recived this letter or were they going to recive one ,he couldnt say,a group from london had got on at the top and the farmer had words with them,we decided we will get on below the black box weir river right near the old coed y brenin centre which is a short walk through the trees ,a few hundred yards down river there is a tree down which spans the river its not far from the road bridge,the chap who told us about this was not nasty at all he said he had nothing against us having fun,but thaught he would just let us know,he spoke welsh which isnt a problem for me as im allso a local welsh paddler and fisherman , we had a short chat and he went on his way,so just be aware of what has been said about the top section,if i see him again ill ask him more about it and will be asking canoe wales to ask some questions about the so called letter so they can inform us of what is going on,we seem to get to know things before them,
hope this info wasnt to borring,just thaught id let you know whats been said
stay safe happy new year