Canoe polo clubs in london?

Hampshire Avon drainage and eastwards, with the Nene as the northern limit
Adam LUUCC

Canoe polo clubs in london?

Post by Adam LUUCC » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi there,

I have recently moved down to london to work after uni and am very keen on finding a canoe polo team. Does anyone have any recommendations? I live pretty central just north of the river, have my own boat and everything, just want to get on the water again. I play to national 3 standard so would like to join a serious club to get better.

Many thanks,
Adam

Strad

Re: Canoe polo clubs in london?

Post by Strad » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:59 am

Adam, depending on what transport you have and how far you are willing to travel you may be a bit spoilt for choice. There's Meridian, Clapham, St Albans, Stubbers (if they're still going). If you looking for the most serious clubs I would have guessed Meridian and St Albans?

Try a peek at canoepolo.org http://www.canoepolo.org.uk/clubs
Old School?? I miss my AQII..
Graham Stradling

andy g

Re: Canoe polo clubs in london?

Post by andy g » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Adam
You are welcome to come along to Meridian CC , based in SE London/NW Kent .

We run 2 pool polo sessions per week , both on a Wednesday evening at Crook Log Pool Bexleyheath.

Beginners, youth etc from 19.00 to 20.15, we can provide boat if you find London travel difficult on public transport. (Our youth team is ranked number 2 in the country so the standard is much higher than you might expect)
Senior session 21.15 to 22.30
The senior session is very serious indeed and entry is by invitation (many are GB squad members, and most are Div1/Div2 standard) you would be expected to use your own boat for this.

We also run outdoor lake based sessions on a Saturday and Sunday morning at Danson Lake , just off the A2. Again the sessions can get quite serious, but there are also others of all standards.

Look at our website or send me a PM if you want more information.

Andy