Hayle Sluice

The Somerset Frome and Dorset Stour and westwards
StoneWeasel

Re: HAYLE SLUICE

Post by StoneWeasel » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:14 pm

josh sparrow latus wrote:just a quick note to say the sluice is un accessable atm as they are rebuilding a wall on the otherside of the tunnels so they are blocked atm (river side).
if you have any more news on this and wish to update me please do :D
The sluice is still totally accessible you just have to get there by going down the footpath by the old dive shop next to Jewsons. I normally park on the scrap land in front of the abandoned dive shop and walk down the path from there.
I have marked it on this map.

Denzil

josh sparrow latus

Re: Hayle Sluice

Post by josh sparrow latus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:27 pm

StoneWeasel wrote: [
went their yesterday and both sides of the sluice dive shop and harbour side entrances have been blocked due to the fact they are doing more works at the moment.

josh sparrow latus

Post by josh sparrow latus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:29 pm

StoneWeasel wrote: [
went their yesterday with uni and both sides of the sluice dive shop and harbour side entrances have been blocked due to the fact they are doing more works at the moment.

Pav

Post by Pav » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:16 pm

I think it must be almost 20yrs since I played here, but the post reminded me of the fun had there and remember a small rodeo comp one year, I think organised by the hayle club.

When last down we popped in the asda and I thought about the sluice then. Interested to see what has been done. The whole area looks like some serious money has been spent. Any photos of what they have done down by the sluice itself?

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Pav wrote:I think it must be almost 20yrs since I played here, but the post reminded me of the fun had there and remember a small rodeo comp one year, I think organised by the hayle club.

When last down we popped in the <a style="" href="http://www.asda.com" class="skimwords-link" target="_blank" data-skimwords-id="404008" data-skimlinks-editor="0" data-skimwords-word="ASDA" data-group-id="0" data-skim-creative="300001" data-skim-product="404008" title="" occurrence="1" data-skim-node-id="233:Whenlastdownwepopped_2">asda</a><span style="position: absolute;"></span><span style="position: absolute;"></span> and I thought about the sluice then. Interested to see what has been done. The whole area looks like some serious money has been spent. Any photos of what they have done down by the sluice itself?
Apart from being a little more degraded, at the moment there has been no work done on the original sluice so it will be pretty much as you remember it from 20 years ago. The only problem is that there is too much water coming in from where the new gates will go causing the sluice to not really run well even in big tides.

Will wait and see what they do next though.