River Lynher - Kerney Bridge to the Sea

The Somerset Frome and Dorset Stour and westwards
Mark R

River Lynher - Kerney Bridge to the Sea

Post by Mark R » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Last edited by Mark R on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

Rainbow Phil

Re: River Lynher - Kerney Bridge to the Sea

Post by Rainbow Phil » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Does anyone know anything about the south side of the tidal areas of the Lyner? From the map, Wacker Quay at SX889551 looks possible - there's a picnic site marked just off the A374. Jupiter Point near the National Trust's Antony House at SX415569 also looks possible. Has anyone used one of these sites to launch? I've got a big heavy Canadian to launch with the whole family, so we're keen to get to flat water with easy access (at the right state of the tide of course). If no one gets back to me I'll post something after the October half-term holiday to let you know how I got on.

JohnK

Re: River Lynher - Kerney Bridge to the Sea

Post by JohnK » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:49 am

You can launch at Wacker Quay. There is a height barrier on the track down to the picnic area so depends how high your vehicle is. If necessary you can park up near the road. Launch a couple of hours around high tide otherwise you risk getting stuck on a mud bank. You can launch at Jupiter Point if you can park somewhere back up the lane a bit. From an access point of view worth remembering that this is an old ferry crossing. Both sites, with a "big heavy Canadian", watch wind and current.