Nafford Weir and anglers

From the Warwickshire Avon in the south, to the Trent in the north
SimonMW

Nafford Weir and anglers

Post by SimonMW » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Thinking of Nafford Weir tomorrow. I haven't been there much during the summer months due to the levels. However I have heard that anglers pretty much sit themselves down all the way around it in a pincer movement. Last time I was there in the day someone was strimming away by one of the fishing pontoons.

Anyone any experience of any trouble/conflict there?

mills82

Re: Nafford Weir and anglers

Post by mills82 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:36 pm

I go there all the time I have met a couple of grumpy anglers there but the majority are ok.

The fishing pegs are after the tree on the right so you dont really bother them that much unless you swim occasionally they will fish from the beach on the left. There were 3 fishermen there last weds and they didnt mind me paddling there.

Just make sure you dont park in their car park at the top as they dont like that (I always use the layby on the left of the road)

SimonMW

Re: Nafford Weir and anglers

Post by SimonMW » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Had a few paddles there since asking the question. Doesn't seem to be much of an issue. There is a friendly angler who is there most days called John (he usually sets up near the bottom of the pool river right). My friend spoke to him the other day. What annoys him most is when large groups go there and completely ignore him and paddle with no regard for his lines. He has no issue with canoeists or kayakers. Just wishes some courtesy would be shown sometimes.

So if you see him, say a friendly hi!

Return to “England - Midlands”