Fladbury weir

From the Warwickshire Avon in the south, to the Trent in the north
SimonMW

Fladbury weir

Post by SimonMW » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Has anyone here any experience of Fladbury weir as a playspot? I'm just looking for other options apart from Nafford and Knightwick.

I was drawn to this photo of Fladbury in higher flows, and apparently kayakers were shooting it. Does anyone know what the good/safe levels are?

A larger version can be viewed here http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5H6kIONoYRc/S ... 200283.JPG

mills82

Re: Fladbury weir

Post by mills82 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:55 pm

when it gets high there is a big hole river left (Where they are in photo) that can be very sticky and not very pleasant. If nafford is just a little bit high then its ok can surf the wave at the bottom but its not great. If the Avon is flooding then Evesham weir can be ok but the water has to be on the path by the pleasure gardens in Evesham (Wants to be about 6" deep on path) It has to bee deep as the weir is very rocky.

Apparently Lower moor is ok but both times I have been it has been too low But once the levels get to a certain point it can get dangerous. I have only been told of this so it may not be true.

Nafford and Knightwick are the best in the area but if it gets too high we try Evesham.

Return to “England - Midlands”