West Yorkshire boating

North of the Trent drainage, flowing to the North Sea
adibell

West Yorkshire boating

Post by adibell » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Okay guys, I'm never sure whether West Yorkshire counts as North West or North East, cos it's kind of in the middle. But anyway. I live between Huddersfield and Brighouse and wondered if there's any good boating close by that anyone would recommend? Yes, I'm being lazy, but I have work in the morning and I'm sleepy so can't be bothered searching!

I'm off back to uni in Liverpool after next week, but it might be nice to try do something this weekend, as I've borrowed a boat from Pennine canoe club. It's a play boat, (pyranha rev) so cant go on anything massive but if there's anything fun to do, what would anyone suggest?...also, would anyone like to go boating with me? :) Im pretty competent on grade 3/4, veeeeery slightly out of practice but just wanna get boating more regularly.

Also, what does anyone think to the pyranha rev? I briefly tried it tonight and it felt one of the comfiest play boats I've been in, does anyone have thoughts on it, or alternatives to try....I'm probably going to look for a river runner as my first boat but it doesn't harm trying out play boats too! :)

phil_grice

Re: West Yorkshire boating

Post by phil_grice » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Not sure if much will be up at the moment. Hebden Water is a good grade 3 run with a guide on here, but doubt it will be up.

There's a short white water course in Sowerby Bridge which runs at most levels I think.

adibell

Post by adibell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeah I think I'm going to try head over to the Halifax/Sowerby Bridge run on the weekend. If anyone wants to join and show me the ropes/make a new paddler connection, that'd be cool! :)

phil_grice

Post by phil_grice » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 pm

I'd love to but unfortunately I have other commitments this weekend. Haven't actually been to Sowerby Bridge paddling yet. Have fun!

Stoppy

Post by Stoppy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:15 pm

if your wanting to boat sowerby bridge then give me a shout....

send me a email

stoppy@live.co.uk