RIVER DUDDON (Birk's Bridge to Seathwaite)

North of the Severn drainage, west of the Pennines
Mark R

RIVER DUDDON (Birk's Bridge to Seathwaite)

Post by Mark R »

Jim Pullen

Post by Jim Pullen »

Helen Wigmore, 16/12/06 wrote:16th Dec 2006 (low water) – There was a tree blocking the Duddon (Birk's Bridge to Seathwaite section), a short distance below Troutal Farm falls – easily portaged on both banks.
I don't remember this the last couple of times I did this section, anyone know if it's still there?
Done any NE/NW rivers not on the site? PM me!

Poke

Re:

Post by Poke »

Jim Pullen wrote:
Helen Wigmore, 16/12/06 wrote:16th Dec 2006 (low water) – There was a tree blocking the Duddon (Birk's Bridge to Seathwaite section), a short distance below Troutal Farm falls – easily portaged on both banks.
I don't remember this the last couple of times I did this section, anyone know if it's still there?
Yeah, it's still there but following a fair bit of pruning work means it's pretty easy to skirt on the right hand side.. or over the central rock in medium/high water and above.
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

Lancs_lad

Re: RIVER DUDDON (Birk's Bridge to Seathwaite)

Post by Lancs_lad »

Vid showing a low level - click click

Lancs_lad

Post by Lancs_lad »

Paddled today at a low level (0.75). There appears to be some sort of tree/branch just under water in the pool for the final drop out of wallabarrow gorge. I cant say a size as only an inch of branch was breaking the surface. We all paddled it but kept our boats on the surface. Something to be aware of.

PMB

Post by PMB »

Be aware of a tree across 2/3 of the river in Wallowbarrow Gorge. It can be sneaked river right, and is visible from upstream at medium/high flows but you would not want to be swept onto it. The tree is about half way down the gorge - you may wish to boat scout from above if the river is low, or walk down river right and have a look if the Duddon's flowing at pace.
Phil B

Return to “England - Northwest”