CROGLIN BECK

North of the Severn drainage, west of the Pennines
Mark R

CROGLIN BECK

Post by Mark R » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:30 pm

charlesraine

croglin beck DISASTER!?!

Post by charlesraine » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Hey everyone was hoping someone could let me know whether the top drop on croglin beck has collapsed as a mate went to scout it today and it has, we think but were not to sure whether he was on the right fall. Rely hoping hes wrong to be honest as i wanted to run it this weekend? please reply :D

charlesraine

Re: croglin beck DISASTER!?!

Post by charlesraine » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:13 pm

sorry guys faulse alarm :L its all intact ran it yesterday and i recomend it!

callwild

Re: CROGLIN BECK

Post by callwild » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Have now paddled Croglin Beck from Croglin village down to the bridge at the start of the Nunnery Walks section described.
In high flows it was mostly grade 2 with extreme tree avoidance and many portages over fallen trees. There were two sandstone gorges encountered. The first was relatively easy at grade 2 but need to check there are no trees lurking in there as there is no escape. The second gorge is narrower and twisty with fast currents, mainly grade 3 but with a final stopper between undercut walls which could be a 4. We portaged the whole of this second gorge due to failing light. More tree blockages right down to the take out. Would be a fun run if ever clear of trees but at the moment is too much hard work (Sept 2012).