Level 3 Kayak Assessment - Paddler and Providers

Announce and discuss
Noodle

Level 3 Kayak Assessment - Paddler and Providers

Post by Noodle »

Folks,

I need to complete my L3 Kayak Assessment, and if you have been to the BCU Website lately there are none posted for the near future. I am sure that there must be other paddlers out there in the same situation as me, because we only have until Aug 31 (?) to complete otherwise it's back to square one! Anyone who needs an L3 Assessment, I am more than happy to co-ordinate between us and providers. Are there any providers who are willing and able to run.

Heeeellllpppppp!

Cheers

Simon Westgarth

Re: Level 3 Kayak Assessment - Paddler and Providers

Post by Simon Westgarth »

Noodle wrote:I need to complete my L3 Kayak Assessment, and if you have been to the BCU Website lately there are none posted for the near future. I am sure that there must be other paddlers out there in the same situation as me, because we only have until Aug 31 (?) to complete otherwise it's back to square one!
The BCU L3T stop running this Summer, with the BCU/UKCC L3T staring in the Autumn. However you still have until the end of 2010 to undertake the Assessment. Most L3As start from Autumn through to early Spring when UK rivers generally have sufficient flow, and thus why you are finding it difficult to find an assessment in Summer when there are no rivers flowing.

Most providers will have L3A's this Autumn, Gene17's is in December on Dartmoor.

Jonny N

Post by Jonny N »

Calder Canoe Centre have one in November and one in December.

http://caldercanoecentre.org.uk/courses.htm

Jonny

Activities Away

Post by Activities Away »

Totally agree with what Simon has said above, you have more time than you think to complete the assessment.

We are running courses later in the year (November onwards) but none this time of year as we are heading to the Ardeche, Verdon and Alps over the next month, followed by a Summer of crap water int he UK... can't wait!
BCU and RYA courses
www.activities-away.com

Return to “Dates and Events”