Just under two months to go till Scotland’s Festival of Paddlesport – An Fhèis Mhòr. On the 24th-26th October the Dewars Centre and Perth Leisure Pool will play host to all flavours of paddlesport. The event is still growing, so keep an eye on www.scapaddleshow.org, as well as the SCAPaddleShow facebook page and Twitter feed. In the meantime, here are some of the highlights:
• It’s free! Entry to the retail hall, talks, workshops, pool sessions and films are all free for everyone.
• The pool will feature Greenland rolling, canoe polo, an open participation slalom event, and Come and Try sessions where you can play with SUPs, coracles, surf skis, packrafts and kits boats. Friends and family can have their first taste of paddling. Bring your swimsuits!
• The retail hall offers a unique opportunity to compare and try on the latest kit, as well as a chance to talk to the experts who make it and sell it. We have many new and old faces coming – check out the website for the full list.
• The speakers include Justine Curgenven, Callum Strong, Douglas Wilcox and a host of others, while workshops will cover first aid, ornithology, kayak fishing, and many more subjects – see the website for details.
• We’ll be kicking the weekend off with a relaxed, informal series of film screenings – the café will be open and it’s a great chance to get in the paddling mood.
• The Tay Descent and the ceilidh will be happening as usual on the Saturday – see www.taydescent.org for details.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Announce and discuss
1 post • Page 1 of 1