Disgraced Lance Armstrong

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, etc.
chris leesmith

Disgraced Lance Armstrong

Post by chris leesmith »

What could drugs cheat Lance Armstrong learn from our fine and inspiring Olympic champions Etienne Stott and Tim Bailie?

ianletton

Re: Disgraced Lance Armstrong

Post by ianletton »

That kayaking isn't as physically demanding as the Tour de France?

Or perhaps, that it is possible to win by not using performance enhancing drugs however only if no one else is doing so?

Personally, I think we all have more to learn from him than he does from us. If you make a mistake, own up to it right away and fix it. If you try and cover up, you just end up digging a hole under yourself until the world collapses around you. Just like what happened to him.

Ian
IanLetton

chris leesmith

Post by chris leesmith »

Ian, Slalom C2 isn't kayaking mate its canoeing.

Plus slalom is a sprint on technical water not an endurance race like the Tour. Its like belittling the achievements of Usain Bolt when comparing him to Mo Farrar.

To suggest that you need drugs to enhance your performance also suggests that Mark Cavendish and Bradley Wiggins also use them, otherwise how could they have done so well?

ianletton

Post by ianletton »

For sake of ease, I call canoeing kayaking however I accept that they are different and that there are variations of each.

In my opinion, endurance events are more demanding than sprint events. I am not saying that competitors don't work as hard to achieve their goal, and I certainly am trying to belittle them, only that I feel it is more physically demanding to do endurance events.

The TDF has been rife with drugs for so many years with so many winners and big names been caught. Having been lied to so many times by such people and the governing body for the sport doing such a dreadful job of catching them and eliminating drugs use, I have difficulty believing anyone in the sport of professional cycling.

The situation is entirely unfair on the likes of Wiggans and Cavendish who may have won with hard work alone, however their sport has been so tainted by their colleagues over so many years that I have difficulty believing any of them.

Just to reiterate, these are my opinions.

Ian
IanLetton

Scots_Charles_River

Post by Scots_Charles_River »

Armstrong has only admitted stuff last night coz the WADA report has outed him.

He is a cheat, liar, bully, thief etc etc, He has a 100million fortune.

I say this after waiting roadside in the heat on Alpine and Pyrenean cols to see him in the TDF. Used to be a fan of his.

Most sports have PED issues, not all, but do we really know ?

Wiggins has admitted, many times, to using an Oxygen tent. Which, in Italy, is banned. he would be better off sticking to Altitude camps eg staying in a hotel in El Teide in Tenerife.