Long distance training base

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, etc.
kayakdelmar

Long distance training base

Post by kayakdelmar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Sharon Colley and Shaun Thrower from Hereford Kayak Club and recent finishers of the worlds longest kayak race, the Yukon River Race of 460 miles, are currently training on Nelo Surfski's at the Kayak del Mar training base in Puerto Calero - Lanzarote.

http://www.herefordkayakclub.org.uk/

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/9218 ... kayak_race_/

--- --- ---

PSK

Re: Long distance training base

Post by PSK » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Vulch

Post by Vulch » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 am

PSK wrote:Yukon 1000 ? :)
I don't think this post is really about Shaun and Sharon doing the Yukon, I'm afraid.

Look at the other posts from the same person.

This should be in the commercial adverts section.

To be fair, it is probably just another paddler trying to make a living out of paddling, but veiling adverts as news stories is a bit underhand. I did a few training sessions in a group with Shaun Thrower in Hereford back in the late 90s - he is a good chap and is unlikely to have condoned the content of the first post.

Vulch

Derek Marshall

Post by Derek Marshall » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm

The chap concerned is called Bjarke and you are right he is running a small kayaking business. I have used his services twice over the last 3 years and it was here that I found him.
I was paddling with him the week before Sharon & Shaun were out there – it was unfortunate that the weather was bad and I could not use the Surfski’s.
It was Shaun’s turn to do the Glasgow to Edinburgh this year with Sharon as the support crew – They are still focused and fast.