Take Out and Parking at Windsor Canoe Club

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, etc.
Grouchmonkey

Take Out and Parking at Windsor Canoe Club

Post by Grouchmonkey »

Does anyone know what the situation is re take out and getting boats on top of cars at Windsor Canoe Club which I understand is adjacent to Windsor Leisure centre? A group of us from Chelmsford are doing a Thames paddle and planning to end up there. Can cars be parked overnight there?

banburypaddler

Re: Take Out and Parking at Windsor Canoe Club

Post by banburypaddler »

I doubt you'd be able to park there - parking in nearby car parks is ferociously expensive.

When my club did a relay from Wey to Cropredy, Windsor CC couldn't have been more accommodating - allowing us touse their facilities, laying on tea and coffee and turning out to meet us. Lovely, lovely people.

Eliza Dolittle

Re: Take Out and Parking at Windsor Canoe Club

Post by Eliza Dolittle »

Parking for Windsor CC is located inside the pay and display carpark, they have their own separate area and issue coloured permits for their members so that they don't have to pay. There is a height limit on the car park entrance but they also have a key to that. You can also access a public slipway, the other side of the leisure centre, just by the road bridge without going through the car park. No idea if overnight parking is allowed though at either location.