Slalom Club Recommendation - Shoreditch London

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, etc.
maya

Slalom Club Recommendation - Shoreditch London

Post by maya » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:53 pm

So I'd love to join an slalom club that welcomes adults but I've had a lot of trouble looking around online. It seems like the Regents Canoe Club in Islington does not do slalom, The Sharks Club has practice on the outskirts of London but with the commute I would miss pretty much every session, Laburnum seems to cater mostly to kids?

Any recommandations for any clubs located near Shoreditch or within a workable commute would be very welcome.

Lewperren

Re: Slalom Club Recommendation - Shoreditch London

Post by Lewperren » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Shepperton Slalom Canoe Club has permanent gates and good facilities. See:

https://www.sheppertonscc.co.uk

maya

Post by maya » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Looks its still an hour and a half on public transit but I'll see if I can check it out one of these weekends.

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Slalom has real trouble attracting adult beginners but I'm pretty sure if you contact any slalom club they will happy for you to join them even though they target their starter session advertising at kids. The only issues might be that they may be short of adult sized club boats for you to use, and sessions might be close to school finishing time and difficult to get to after work, the other issue of course is that you have to be open to being the only adult learning with a bunch of kids who will progress more quickly than you, but as long as you are having fun, this should not be a problem.

C1WWR

Post by C1WWR » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Lee Valley Paddlepsorts Club based at the LVWWC might be a good option. Train commuteto Waltham X Station and then wlak to the centre. The Wednesday club night includes lake gates 6 till 7 and then a session on the legacy course with gates 7 till 8. The group is adults, veterans and some youngsters. Hope this helps