History of Slalom boats

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, etc.
mharrall

Re: History of Slalom boats

Post by mharrall »

Yes. :-)
Martin

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

Martin, I don't know the Force A but in the days when Nomad made slalom boats, there were very few that were weight specific. I'm also about 75kg, and I never gave any thought to that when choosing a boat. I do remember particularly big guys having extra depth in the seam, and kids having boats cut down, but they were customisations not different models.

mharrall

Post by mharrall »

OK, cool thanks.

Martin
Martin

carboncraft

Post by carboncraft »

A fries of mine paddled nearly al Nomad boats he was about 75kg and just sat a little bit lower than myself, never seem to be an issue to him.

NOW if i could find that elusive Perfekt i would have all the Lettmann boats from Olymp - through to the Plus, Need to fill that hole in the rack is anyone out there know of one> I believe a red one with yellow strips was sold not so long ago up north / Scotland, Good money waiting. I just get a photo of them all in order one day.

davebrads

Post by davebrads »

mharrall wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:26 pm
Hi Learned slalom folks.

I realize this might be a bit of a long shot asking here, but does anyone know the weight range for a Nomad Force A 4m kayak? I'm about 75kg, am I too heavy for it?
I think I remember the Nomad Force, it was a normal sized slalom boat, but as is normal with slalom boats it was offered in various cuts covering a range of weights. So it might fit you, it would depend upon who it was originally made for.
it's not a playboat, it's a river runner