Mount for Garmin edge 1000 or iPhone

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, etc.
Jamiew

Mount for Garmin edge 1000 or iPhone

Post by Jamiew »

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a secure way to mount a Garmin edge 1000 bike computer (or alternatively an iPhone 10) onto the deck of my K1 as I would like to be able to see my speed? Photos would be really helpful if you have any. Thanks

keith_w

Re: Mount for Garmin edge 1000 or iPhone

Post by keith_w »

What about using a stem cap mount and cutting the bolt shorter?

https://www.merlincycles.com/moon-stem- ... source=PHG

Jim

Post by Jim »

Have a look at Aquapac Pro range, you can get self adhesive (and other types of) mounts to attach the cases to things, but note that it needs to be rotated 90 degrees to lock in so you need space to rotate the phone clear of the cockpit rim etc. You can add a leash to the case for additional security if you don't trust the adhesive or the mounts. I have been looking into this for my WWR K1 but I need to modify the deck to be able to rotate the case to lock in the mount, for now I just tie a case to my spray deck and leave my android phone laying on it so I can see speed, HR and time, but that is much easier with a tight fitting spray deck than it would be on a loose fitting one with knees under it.

Hengle

Post by Hengle »

I use this

Code: Select all

https://www.marsport.co.uk/training-aids/marsport-gopro-gps-and-watch-mount
and teather the GPS / Phone etc to my rudder cables through the cockpit, although in several years paddling on the estuary the mount has not ever come loose.
Hengle

andynormancx

Post by andynormancx »

Do you have any pictures of the MarSport mount in use, I cannot make any sense of how it might work from their product shot.