I've just ordered my first "Masters" marathon K1

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, etc.
GregMiller

Re: I've just ordered my first "Masters" marathon K1

Post by GregMiller » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Nelo Viper 46 Vs Quattro Classic

Due to the wealth of experience already posted on this thread I wanted to ask if anyone had any experience of the Nelo Viper 46?
I seems a lovely looking boat. I've got the 48 and was tempted to move along to the 46 but only if it was a nice progression and there is a noticeable difference. Anyone paddled one yet?

Also, any thoughts on how it compares to the Classic in terms of stability/speed?

Krizzy

Post by Krizzy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi, I paddled the Viper46 a few times over Christmas and have to say I completely loved it right from the very first stroke. If I could afford it I'd have already ordered one (my mate paddled it and has ordered one!). It's a really stable boat so it's easy to focus entirely on getting power out of the stroke, but doesn't seem to run into a wall as the speed increases like I've felt other 'stable' k1's do. My 90kg was too much for the standard size, without doubt I'd need the new xxl. Haven't paddled the Classic so can't compare, but I have owned Epsilon, Lancer, Eta, and a good few other k1's and I consider the Viper46 to be by far the best I paddled for my level of skills.

GregMiller

Post by GregMiller » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Cheers Krizzy.
Appreciate the reply. Could I ask how the Viper 46 compares to the Eta you owned?
I've been starting to paddle about in an Eta but don't fancy my chances in any sort of wash/waves. At least the Viper 48 I have has a good bit of volume and I can get away with paddling it on the lake as well as flat water.
Is the 46 more stable or about the same as the Eta? Any views would be appreciated.
Many Thanks !

PS: Would you know the current price? I don't see them listed anywhere in the UK.